Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying my husband a Harley for the big 4-0 (it's a surprise)... I know he wants a touring bike. My brother-in-law thinks I should go with a RoadGlide but I like the look of the Ultra Classic. My husband is about 5'7- but pretty stalky. I was told the ultra classic is too heavy. Any thoughts

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
There is probably not more than 70pounds difference in the most extreme weights of the touring line. That minor amount would make no difference in rideability.You can check specs at the HD website though.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/home.jsp?locale=en_US

Good luck Ive seen enough examples of bikes brought back with low mileage because the husband/wife didnt like what the other one bought. Color, model,etc Jeez you'd have to be a mind reader.

Better to just hit him on the head and let him wake up in a HD showroom whatever he stumbles to first is what he gets.

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts
Better to just hit him on the head and let him wake up in a HD showroom whatever he stumbles to first is what he gets.
I'm with him on this. Even my wife of 18 years would have a difficult time picking the "perfect" bike.

Here's an idea... go to the HD web site and play the "what if we won the lottery" game with him and see what his dream bike is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts