Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the touring section and didn't recieve that much feed back...anyway all you guys that have a 28 spoke wheel like I have on my 2010 ultra limited should check out the chrome on your rear wheel.
Yeah it's a pain in the ass to clean that wheel thus like me ya don't do it often enough...just recently wanted to get at it taking saddlebags off and power washing the wheel on medium then polishing the wheel while up on a jack...what I saw was chrome peeling off the spokes on both sides of the wheel...yikes...have the same wheel on the front and no problems there...okay what's the big deal ya think ya don't really see the rear wheel and your right, but if your anal like me in keeping everything nice and shiny, this is really bugging me. I have 27,000 miles on the bike...garage kept and covered when ever on a over nighter and never rode it on salty roads, guys check out your own rear 28 spoke wheels..if this is widespread maybe we could get Harley to do something...thanks

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
2013 FLHTK, just passed 10k, and its peeling, started at 6k but I am also lazy about cleaning wheels so just laughed when HD said it wasnt a warranty issue. I do think its a weird design, i think they should have chromed the entire wheel then painted the black, not painted then chromed around it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts