Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the radiators and lowers add to the weight of the bike?

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I just looked it up... A stock street glide weighs in at 811 wet and the ultra limited weighs in at 911lbs wet... That 100 extra lbs is distributed between the tour pak and lowers and a couple other do-dads... The tour pak is a good portion of it... But seriously... The bikes are very well balanced... You won't notice any extra weight .... Hope that helped answer your question...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the response. Estimate what tour PAK weighs? 50lbs?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea agree....so say it weighs 40lbs that's 60 for the radiator/ 30 each. That's a lot of weight that can't be lost. I am thinking of stripping my ultra limited down to a more SG look.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my '14 Ultra Limited. Very well balanced, better than my Road King was. I asked my buddy who's a mechanic he thought 40-50 pounds about right. Trunk is another 50 or so.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My Ultra is definetly heavier than my Electraglide classic was. I know the ultra has more stuff but the difference is very noticeable when pushing out of a space or lifting off kickstand. While moving, no problem at all, nice and balanced. I'm sure the limited has to be another 20lbs on top of that at least.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that it gained about 30 lbs....not all of is water cooling....beefier forks and steering head as well

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
There really isn't that much difference in the 2014 and the 2013. The 2014 rides better IMOP.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Does anyone know how much the radiators and lowers add to the weight of the bike?
The HD website, under "Specs", will list both the dry and the wet gross weight for every bike. Won't break it down as to what each part/piece weighs but you can compare the totals from a bike with TP, lowers & cooling doodads versus a model without that stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts