Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do some research on possible first HD options for me, so please overlook the FNG questions.

1. On a 08-11 Ultra can the tour pack be removed and put back on somewhat easily? Easy in my book would be no tools and less than 10 min. A PIA would be 30 min and lots of tools. I see that there is a HD conversion kit for newer models Part Number 53000291B, but not the older ones.

2. On 08-11 Road King If i want or should I say my better half wants a bigger passenger seat, is there a standard go to seat, like a seat off of an Ultra for instance?

3. Am I correct in my understanding that ABS was an option on the Ultra's starting in 08 like it is for the RK?

Thanks

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
1. On a 08-11 Ultra can the tour pack be removed and put back on somewhat easily?
I've looked at it on my 2010 Ultra. The wires don't have connectors under the seat, so somewhat easily goes out the window.

The rest of your questions I don't have a clue.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know that there are QD mounts available for the early 2000's bikes, I was considering one for my '04 RG, but I got another bike instead. Easier to just hop on a different bike.

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Tourpak lights have connectors under the rubber mat. Harley sells "quick detach docking" hardware for all years. Very quick on/off with it. All touring frame harleys can use the same seat. The difference is a longer nose on the Electra Glides that sits farther up the tank. Electra Glide passenger seats are slightly wider, but after market seats are usually higher rated.

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Senior Flatulant
1,036 Posts
Welcome from PA!!

Get the latest Electra Glide you can afford as it will probably have the better frame. (Google search - Harley did make some changes to the frame around those years.)

You can remove the tour pack and mimic the 'other' Glide. (Few will notice the longer rear shocks.) It's a lot cheaper than adding a tour pack to any other model.

Your wife will love the nice wide passenger seat on the 'dresser'.

I have the QD system on my 13. It's OK but, I like the storage so I rarely remove the tour pack anymore.

Get a model that already has ABS but, be careful ... Once you get used to ABS and jump on a bike without it, there can be some definite 'pucker' moments!

Cheers,
Smoketown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts