Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2008 ultra seems to funnel rain behind the windshield directly on me.
This is my first Harley and I expected more protection from the rain considering the fairing and the lowers. I believe some of the cruisers I've
had with just a windshield kept me dryer. I've closed the lowers and adjusted the wings but I keep getting soaked. We normally do weekend
rides so riding in the rain is a part of it. Does anyone else have
this problem? And how did you correct it? :confused:
Thanks Kris :ride

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I think it has to do more with all the air you just knocked a hole in with the fairing ware trying to get back an fill it back in. My hair actually gets blown forward an in my face due to the "vacuum" created. I think with a good rain you will get wet no matter. the lowers have actually kept my feet dry longer than my upper body stayed with the mega fairing out in front.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Try a cheap front fork air deflector (about $ 30.)
Always works for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll check on the fork deflectors. Theres very little clearance at full lock between the fairing and the tank. I'll measure and see if they will fit.
Thanks Kris :ride

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Kris... The source for your "moist" ride could come from a number of sources. For me, windshield height (I'm on the tall side) often makes a diff. Perhaps a taller shield would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wet

i have owned many harleys of all styles and have a 2005 ultra i bought new and i get wet when it rains maybe because it dont have a roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
i have owned many harleys of all styles and have a 2005 ultra i bought new and i get wet when it rains maybe because it dont have a roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot I knew I was missing some key feature. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Roof!

That could be part of the problem. I just thought that my 2008 Ultra would have been dryer than my 1982 Yamaha Virago with just a windshield. Other than the rain funnel I love the bike. Talked to a friend with a 2008 Ultra and he hasn't noticed it. Maybe its just me? :eek: If so I'll just be wet :ride
Thanks for your inputs Kris

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to Klock Werks the nice big windshield on the batwing creates a rolling bubble of air behind the windshield. My gages were always wet in the rain. So was I. I put on a 6.5" Klock Werks flare and now my dash stays dry and I'm not as wet. My coat stays dry but above my glasses I still get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts