Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an Ultracool oil cooler installed on my 2016 Heritage Softail Classic. For those not familiar this is a thermostat and fan assisted oil cooler. Not cheap at $490 but worth it if it lengthens engine life. Now if stuck in stop and no go traffic the oil will still be cooled anywhere from 20 to 40 degrees depending on which review you read. Here in Tucson our temps have been running from 100 - 114 degrees and the engine was throwing off tons of heat. Anyone else on here use one?

·
Proud Infidel
2,615 Posts
For low speed high heat, hard to beat Love Jugs fans for the heads.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alan,(I am an Alan also), wouldn't cooling the oil so all the engine is cooler be proffered?

·
Proud Infidel
2,615 Posts
Air cooling is way more efficient and effective.

The heat causing the issues is generated in and around the exhaust valves. If you can cool it there it'll cool everything else. Including the oil.

Don't take my word for it. Ask people that have them. Which I don't.

Only time I've had an issue was riding in a parade. I'll never do that again if I can help it.

Sent from here to there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently was held up for an extended period while a funeral procession for a fallen Border Patrol Officer went by. Engine heated, Ultra cool cooler came on, engine never went into parade mode and no overheating. Good enough for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts