Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone read the book? Watching the show? Thoughts?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Shhhh!

It's on my DVR.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Read the book, did not realize the series started, so I missed the beginning. I'll get caught up and then comment. I did enjoy the book, it will be interesting to see how it plays as a series. At least they had sense enought to do a mini-series, and not try to fit it into a movie.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Read the book, it's one of the only King books I didn't like. It really surprises me that they are making a mini series.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read the book, it's one of the only King books I didn't like. It really surprises me that they are making a mini series.
I'm with you on that one, Zelrick. Not one of my favorite King books, but one of the more screen friendly I think.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I enjoyed the characters on the book, as well as their interactions under the dome. It was like a microcosm of society in general. From about the middle of the book, it went downhill as though King couldn't come up with a legitimate ending and just cheesed out. Watched the show last night...it looks like it's going to be pretty good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...it went downhill as though King couldn't come up with a legitimate ending and just cheesed out.
I agree about the ending of the book. He kind of went Bachman on us with that. I'm guessing the show won't end that same way. Though I am also guessing they have two endings ready. One wrapping it all up nice and tidy if the ratings are poor, and a second that leaves it open for another season if the ratings rock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts