Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Former Lurker
2,981 Posts
Never had any trouble with my 14 CVO Limited. Before I bought my 19 RGS it was the best bike I ever had. Never did want or need to use the CB. I did like all the extras though...

Had a LOT of trouble with Rust on a 100th anniv 03 EGC. Every frickin' piece of chrome on that bike started to rust during the first year I had it. I kept it waxed too. MoCo and dealer did not do squat, didn't really even want to hear it, almost never bought another. Ran into another guy who had the same problem with a 100th anniv edition. Maybe they just tried to make too many and quality of their chrome got away from them.
Have not had that trouble with any of the 6 I ave had since...

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Depended on where you lived. Our TDY Techs from Cape Canaveral hated HD Chrome with a passion.

·
Former Lurker
2,981 Posts
Depended on where you lived. Our TDY Techs from Cape Canaveral hated HD Chrome with a passion.
I had a Kaw 1000 that lived outside all though school and never had a lick of trouble with the finish. Since the trouble with my 03, I keep them clean, waxed and inside when not in use. Chrome should not rust. EVER.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
I had a Kaw 1000 that lived outside all though school and never had a lick of trouble with the finish. Since the trouble with my 03, I keep them clean, waxed and inside when not in use. Chrome should not rust. EVER.
May be good chrome jobs.

·
Retired citizen
23,463 Posts
Just stay away from the oceans and your bikes won't develop rust. Same with any vehicle that ain't made outta plastic !!!

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get in touch with your local amateur radio club. Go speak to them as THEY are EXPERTS in all forms of radio communication. Talk to an Extra Class member and they will set you straight in short order. Dealer doesn't know SHIT about radios, not even the stereo in the fairing.

Jim KD2FIP
From a fellow ham, you beat me to it. The average ham operator knows more than the bike techs concerning radios.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts