Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't rant but this really gets me worse than a burr in my saddle blanket... yesterday an old friend I worked with back in 2000 passed away at 37 years old... now I haven't seen him since we worked in the body shop all those years ago but I heard about what he had gotten in to. He was on meth pretty hard core in the past few years and that ended up being what did him in. Its a shame because he was a great guy when we worked together, but I found out he was on disability, now this is what gets me. My best friends dad retired from the military, he was a decorated Navy seal, and a commander at that, but he's been having health problems for a few years and yet HE gets denied disability! I'm sorry but this is seriously a backwards and demented way of running things in this country! Yeah there's a lot more I could add but I don't have the patience for that right now... OK I'm done for now. Thanks for lettin me vent y'all

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Based on what you just said, I can't disagree.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
No offense but I don't believe that someone killing themselves with drugs should be allowed disability.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Just curious which came first, the disability or the addiction.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Gotcha. I've seen it happen both ways.

And yes, you have every right to be pissed. We all should be. I know I am.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Just curious which came first, the disability or the addiction.
:DeadHorse:
Bad subject for me!!

Unfortunately I know lots of people getting checks from government, disability or S.S.I checks and 99% are getting them cause they are lite-weights who can't handle drugs and booze along with a JOB!!

I'm talking about people in their upper 20's and thirties with the ability to go to the lake every week-end and/or make extra cash roofing or something??

just lazy and dependent on freebees...you could film it and turn them in---it wouldn't matter!

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Your rant about disability should be picked up by every American taxpayer. Here in my state of KY, approximately 1/3 of the adults in our poverty stricken Eastern portion of the state are on disability. Not many jobs there so they figure out how to scam the system and start getting their disability checks. And of course the government is aware of it but does nothing to tighten up or enforce the rules.

Also in KY the Medicaid program pays for approximately half of all the births in the state. Granted the eligibility requirements for either a pregnant woman or a minor child are considerably more lenient than for the rest of the population, but paying for half of all child births seems utterly ridiculous and certainly not fair to us taxpayers.

Didn't mean to take over your rant, Ironman, but a rant is certainly in order.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just shows how screwed up and backwards this country has gotten. I have a bad back, broke it in '01 in a 4 wheeler wreck, but everyday I push threw the pain and go on. I dread the day it gives up on me, guess I'll have to put down my time card and pick up a crack pipe to get any kind of help at the rate things are going.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
First off sorry about yer co-worker,Hate to hear aboutanyone passin"on..

As was mentioned this is a f-up subject for me as well!!

My ole lady has had a couple surgeries ( spelling??) and still works while some of her cousins, nepfews and nieces half her age sit on their azzes and do nothing but biatch about their checks rolling in and how they are scaming the system,like they are bragging" about it...I crack on them all the time about it...I wouldn't do it if they really were un able but they ARE!!!!

Her nieces new boyfriend (in his mid to late 20's and able)was ask why he didn't have a car anymore said he was waiting to start getting his dis-ability check and back pay to buy a mustang????

Said he has some a social anxiety dis-order,,I said I also had that...when I smoked to much pot?? LOL!!!

I heard it all on this matter....the people who really need help get screwed and have to overly prove to be worthy of the help:loco

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My sister has a degenerative bone disease located in her back. She is 56 and has to use a wheel chair most of the day. It will only get worse with time. She applied for disability 3 times and was denied each time. Eventually she hired a lawyer and had a hearing. After 5 years of dealing with this they finally granted her disability.

My wife's doctor said that due to her back and neck injuries that she could get disability. He said she will get denied the first time but he knows a good lawyer that will get her approved. She doesn't work so she didn't apply.

So how farged up do things have to be that people with real disabilities can't get on it, but people who just don't want to work get it handed to them?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I work at a Veterans home, I see every day how out vets get screwed by the goverment that promised to take care of them when they signed up to serve and protect this country.
Disability, now theres a sore subject.
My wife was reciving a small disability check before we got married, seems getting married cured her of her disability as her disablity checks stopped, yet my brothers wife who was working decided she would rather sit at home and collect free money, she nows recived a check each month cause she's to obeast to work.
It just ticks me off to see our veterans and disabled get screwed while able body folks rake in free money.
Athough it aint actualy free money, it comes from the paychecks of those of us breaking our backs every day earning a living and paying taxes so the lazy bumbs can collect.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
I know a guy my age, early 30's, who is "disabled" from his Crohns disease. Can't work. Has a marijuana card, collects his checks, and rides dirt bikes all the time through the woods. Yep, "disabled" and can't work. Oh yeah, he sells pot too on the side. Riding dirt bikes is expensive I guess and our tax dollars just ain't cuttin' it!

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,666 Posts
Sorry to say it, but most I know under 40 that get gov. checks could work and most at one time or another have been offered a job but didn't want it and why would they....might stop the checks!!

Bring up drug testing for people getting checks and watch them get pizzed!!

I've brought it up to some people and they point to how much government spends on wars and crap or how much some C.E.O's are making...so why should we worry about some small Gov. check someone is getting.

All I can say to that is it just shows character of people!!:think

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've brought it up to some people and they point to how much government spends on wars and crap or how much some C.E.O's are making...so why should we worry about some small Gov. check someone is getting.

All I can say to that is it just shows character of people!!:think
Have a co-worker that used to get bent when someone started bashin the deadbeats getting a government check because he see's nothing wrong with helping out the less fortunate!

He also says stuff about government waste more money and the welfare system is just a drop in the bucket and we shouldn't worry about it...we should worry about other government waste:think

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Have a co-worker that used to get bent when someone started bashin the deadbeats getting a government check because he see's nothing wrong with helping out the less fortunate!

He also says stuff about government waste more money and the welfare system is just a drop in the bucket and we shouldn't worry about it...we should worry about other government waste:think
Yeah, well, that was a kind and gentle outlook that had a certain amount of validity years ago. But...., fast forward to today--there aren't enough "makers" to support all the "takers". Sooner or later, some of the gravy train cars will be derailed and some of the free chit won't be there. Then what?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts