Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw some post about upgradeing the spotlights with some very high dollor bulbs...I replaced mine with 50 watt Slvyania "spelled wrong i'am sure" from Autozone for $8.00 each...What a difference ...bright as hell..the best $ 16.oo I have ever spent..just thought I would relay my good results with this inexpensive upgrade...:dunno

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Did this with my headlight on my sporty. Best 12-24 dollars I spent!!! I think it was more like 12 dollars. Either way don't care!!

They have a new even brighter bulb out now. Guess what I will be getting!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Retired citizen
23,203 Posts
FYI. Careful with those higher wattage bulbs, the extra heat can melt the connector. Even the stock H-4 bulbs melt the connectors. When the connector melts you've got no light.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Does anybody make a ceramic connector?

Edit: lots of them out there: Google

Ceramic sockets won't melt but make sure your switches, relays and wire can carry the current.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
WWW.Piaalights.com

Designed for H-D use. Bright as heck. (I don't like cheap, if it leads to $$$ repairs)

FYI:My Buddy put a "Sylvania" in his Sporty, and it's working fine so far.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:koolaid

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
saw some post about upgradeing the spotlights with some very high dollor bulbs...I replaced mine with 50 watt Slvyania "spelled wrong i'am sure" from Autozone for $8.00 each...What a difference ...bright as hell..the best $ 16.oo I have ever spent..just thought I would relay my good results with this inexpensive upgrade...:dunno

Hey Lake, Im sure i asked before but cannot remember, but which bulb did you get to replace the spots and headlight? Is it a 881 for spots and H4 for the headlight? Just curious cause i cannot find the 50w 881 sylvania, just a 32w.

Thanks.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the spotlight bulb I used was Sylvania #886. it also the same bulb that my truck driving lights use...and the Headlight bulb I been using for all my bikes for several years now is a Wagner # BP1210/H4 they don't stock them but will order it for ya.. less than 15 bucks..never had any trouble..and bright as hell..FYI..amazon has the Wagner bulb for $10.58 with frr shipping...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts