Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum I have a question for you'll and hopefully I am in the right thread. I have a 2010 softtail cvo convertiable with dual rush straight pipes 5000 miles and everything else is stock. What are the best and most reasonable cost wise things I can do to raise the hp and torque? I really do not have the funds to go into the motor or the desire, maybe a different breather I have the stock one or get it tuned? I have no clue probaly a 500 to 1000 budget any suggestions would be appreceiated.

Thanks
Butch Lafargue

·
Banned
71 Posts
I am new to the forum I have a question for you'll and hopefully I am in the right thread. I have a 2010 softtail cvo convertiable with dual rush straight pipes 5000 miles and everything else is stock. What are the best and most reasonable cost wise things I can do to raise the hp and torque? I really do not have the funds to go into the motor or the desire, maybe a different breather I have the stock one or get it tuned? I have no clue probaly a 500 to 1000 budget any suggestions would be appreceiated.

Thanks
Butch Lafargue
Air cleaner and pipes/mufflers first.

:coffee:

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Search "Stage 1."

Performance a/c, exhaust, and a fuel manager.

When you get used to that and she's not tickling your crotchuals anymore, search "Stage 2."

Welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions on ac and pipes? I knew there were stage1,2,3,4 for 96 and 103's I assumed that the 110 screamin eagle had all four stages ? So I can look at the different stages for it ? Is a fuel manager a tuner or a chip?

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Good point. The SE should already have a stage 1 air cleaner and SE performance mufflers. Whether or not the headpipes have catalytic converter material or not depends on the year and model. If yours are so equipped, removing that material (or replacing the headpipe altogether) would be a good place to start.

A fuel manager is a programmable tuner. It is also reprogrammable which comes in handy when you make other modifications down the road.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Chief do you like your Power commander is that about $400 bucks?
Power Commander is the shizzle. I have ran the III and the V.

If you plan to shop online for it, contact the guys at Fuel Moto USA. They are great to work with and know the PC stuff as well as any retailer out there. They ship it to you pre-mapped and ready to install.

Might also check into the Power Vision. Same company, same idea. But, it's "flasher" rather than a piggy-back controller. It's a little cleaner and little more robust. It's also a little more money.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Power Commander is the shizzle. I have ran the III and the V.

If you plan to shop online for it, contact the guys at Fuel Moto USA. They are great to work with and know the PC stuff as well as any retailer out there. They ship it to you pre-mapped and ready to install.

Might also check into the Power Vision. Same company, same idea. But, it's "flasher" rather than a piggy-back controller. It's a little cleaner and little more robust. It's also a little more money.

I second the PC love. I have the V and I've been very happy with it.

I'm not familiar with Power Vision. Is that the same as the AutoTuner? The Auto Tuner is something I'm very interested in. It essentially reprogram a the power commander continuously, on the fly, as conditions and rider inputs change. More power when you twist the wrist, more fuel economy when you're cruising, etc.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Anything auto-tune is best. XEIDS work as well and VEIDS even better.

I'd watch changing air filter and pipes WITHOUT adding fuel to a 110, as they have heat issues to begin with, just in stock form. Changing anything to increase that heat isn't a great idea. NO ISSUES what so ever if fuel iss added with all changes.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
compression & cams,the biggest choke point of the 110 motors is compression (so they can pass EPA standards) with a decent pipe,115/125 is very easy to get even on very mild builds (125+ hp on more aggressive builds)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If case boring is to be established, then side-stepping the 4" bore 110", and going to a 117" using an S&S 4 1/8" cylinder kit would be a better choice, as it would yeild more power at basically the same labor costs.
In tame form they can mark 125 hp and 135 ft/lbs.
We've had them north of 140 hp and tapping on 145 ft/lbs.:)
Scott

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought the Rush true duel header at the suggestion of my mechanic before I decided to go all the way with my top end cams etc becouse the Rush product is very cost effective however you need a good set of slip ons like the V&H High flows and that combo still puts you over the $1000.00 mark by a couple hundred bucks and then there is the dynotune your bike will need. Now that bieng said I have been told and I believe that a two into one is better for performance and you can get the V&H Propipe for less than $700.00 couple that with a Power Commander and that should help some with HP and TRQ. After my build was completed I just love the sound of the Rush true duel and V&H slip ons so much that im keeping them and sacrificing a little HP and TRQ.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Probably a good pipe and a good tune would do it.
See Mike Cat's, in Kenner, in your neck of the woods.:)
Scott

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
OK, all good info here, guys, but back to the OP's question. How do you safely get more umph out of a 110 on a $500- $1000 budget? Or is the question too open ended?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A free-flowing exhaust system, and a good tune.............but that with be more than $1000.00.

Exhaust system, tuning device, tune..........probably more like $1600.00 or so if you install the pipe.:)
Scott

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
A free-flowing exhaust system, and a good tune.............but that with be more than $1000.00.

Exhaust system, tuning device, tune..........probably more like $1600.00 or so if you install the pipe.:)
Scott
Hillside, you hit on the reality factor. If ya want quality upgrades you got a put more coin in the change jar and save up for them.:nod

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks so much for all your opinion's I am still on the green side but I flat love this machine!!!!!!!!

Butch

1 - 20 of 27 Posts