Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Does this look right? I know to place the US flag on the left and have nothing higher on either sides but can I place the TX state flag under so I can put pins on the right side? Or does the state flag need to be on the right?

Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,454 Posts
It's OK to have the state flag under the US. The only time, apparently, that it's OK for another flag to be above the US flag is in California on Cinco de Mayo when chicken$#!t school officials cave into the students and allow the Mexican flag to fly above the US flag. Your vest is correctly displayed in this case

·
Banned
71 Posts
Texas is the only state that has the right, by law, to fly it's flag at the same height as the U.S. flag .

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
God bless this great country, The United States of America. Vincent1966, your heart is in a good place. Peace, brother.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Texas is the only state that has the right, by law, to fly it's flag at the same height as the U.S. flag .
Is this what you're talking about?

Sec. 3100.054. DISPLAY ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF WITH OTHER FLAG: IN GENERAL. A flag or pennant, other than the flag of the United States, displayed with the state flag:
(1) should not be above the state flag; or
(2) if the other flag or pennant is at the same height as the state flag, should not be, from the perspective of an observer, to the left of the state flag.

Got it. :usa

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
God bless this great country, The United States of America. Vincent1966, your heart is in a good place. Peace, brother.
Thanks, brother. Not trying to standout or make a statement. Just trying to fit in. I spent too many years with the wrong group of people. Just want to fit in with HD riders and ride.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,454 Posts
Thanks, brother. Not trying to standout or make a statement. Just trying to fit in. I spent too many years with the wrong group of people. Just want to fit in with HD riders and ride.
If you're concerned about placement of that flag, you're going to be just fine with this bunch. Appreciate your concern about that. Not many people would have bothered to give it that much thought.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,435 Posts
Yep, I remember that from grade school and it pi$$ed the teacher off to no end. That's probably why I remembered it.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Does this look right? I know to place the US flag on the left and have nothing higher on either sides but can I place the TX state flag under so I can put pins on the right side? Or does the state flag need to be on the right?

Let me know your thoughts.
IMHO Place the US flag on the left and the Texas flag on the right .

You can have your pins under whatever side you like . :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
FWIW I've always seen the VA state flag flown either under or on a shorter flagpole than the American flag.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
OK help am confused now the link states that old glory should be on left from the observer so is that the right side of vest ???when I have flags on my bike tour pack gets old glory and side car gets all others It is lower and on right from the back just got me wondering now??????

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lifer soldier here. We wore out US flag patch on our right shoulder, blue field forward, so its called a reverse flag.

Drill sergeants taught us "The US is always Right".

On a stage, the US flag is Stage Right when on a stage, on it's own right. (Viewer's left)

We wore our Brass Disks, one with US and the other with our branch, with the US on the right. The Right Side is the position of honor. The Flag's own right.

So I put my US flag high on my right side of my vest, and the Texas flag on my left side, just a tad lower.

I've never read anything official about putting the flag over your heart.

There is an argument that we shouldn't even wear the flag, but to hell with that.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
IMHO Place the US flag on the left and the Texas flag on the right .
This would be incorrect.

From the US Flag Code:

• The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and members of patriotic organizations.
  • Flag lapel pins may also be worn (they are considered replicas) and are worn near the heart.

When on display indoors, the flag is accorded the place of honor, always positioned to its own right. Place it to the right of the speaker or staging area or sanctuary. Other flags should be to the left.
The US flag goes on the wearer's left, US military being the exception as they are an extension of the US.

Lifer soldier here. We wore out US flag patch on our right shoulder, blue field forward, so its called a reverse flag.

Drill sergeants taught us "The US is always Right".

On a stage, the US flag is Stage Right when on a stage, on it's own right. (Viewer's left)

We wore our Brass Disks, one with US and the other with our branch, with the US on the right. The Right Side is the position of honor. The Flag's own right.

So I put my US flag high on my right side of my vest, and the Texas flag on my left side, just a tad lower.

I've never read anything official about putting the flag over your heart.

There is an argument that we shouldn't even wear the flag, but to hell with that.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette
You are part of a Patriotic organization which is specifically listed in the US Flag code.

See above for putting the flag over your heart.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts