Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a 2014 softail slim, zero miles. And just had to do something about the exhaust. Looks awful and sounds awful.

Dealer said don't change a thing until 1500 km (I'm in the Middle East hence the KM)

Decided to ignore him and put vance and hines straightshot slipons on. Sounds great but now I'm having second thoughts about damaging the engine. Any thoughts on this? I also got fuelpak 3 to go on tomorrow.

Should I put the stock pipes back on?

·
2,327 Posts
Your slip-ons are fine. The ECM will compensate for that adjustment. If you're going to add the fuelpak, I would suggest changing the air cleaner to get the engine more air, as the Fuelpak can then be adjusted to the change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer I purchased my new bike from installed my V & H slipons at 1000 miles. I know a lot of people have mods done before they take delivery of their new bikes.
You should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I got a k and n hi flow air cleaner on now, remapped it and all is well.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Dealer had Rush 2.0's on my Heritage sitting on the showroom floor. Have had no problems for 3 years now. Runs great. Still smiling every time I get off the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts