Harley Davidson Forums banner

V&H 2-1 vs. PYTHONS 2-1

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  sirbOOm 
#1 ·
I just traded my 03 VROD for an 05 FATBOY. Looking to upgrade pipes and decided on 2-1 systems. I have read about the V&H, PYTHONS and FATCATS. Not one specifically compares the V&H and the PYTHONS.

I know that both are made by the same manufacturer. Here is my question:

1) Which one sounds "deeper"?
2) Which one sounds "louder"?
3) Can you get a map from powercommander.com for both?
4) Any discoloration issues on both brands?
5) Are the FATCATS much deeper and louder than both? Too loud?

Your comments are appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

FATBOY AL

#3 ·
Al...

Don't have answers/perspective to all the questions but from what I've read or understand...

- The V&H ProPipe 2-1 and Python 2-1 are identical (This is what I've read) except for an endcap diff or interchangeable endcaps. Thus, the sound would be identical.

- The V&H Propipe 2-1 HS (Heatshield) comes with full length coverage and there is no visible bluing. Have this pipe on the FL and FX. No bluing.

- Unsure about Powercommander maps for the V&H/Python. A quick call would give you the answer. Maybe even a Google search.

- The FatCats are a top shelf pipe as well. Performance is excellent. Have heard reports from several believing them to be too loud. Others like them the way they are.

Believe the V&H/Python exhaust note is deeper/lower while the FC's are a bit louder and more robust. Would concur with the Thunderheader observation above. BTW, can hear the V&H PP HS 2-1 on the Dyna here, at the very beginning of the video...

A Country Road Ride - Vid

#10 ·
Ever consider the top power making 2-1 on the market? White bros. E-series!!! No fancy ad campains.
If you noticed the top performing sport bikes dont have a round collector/muffler, from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.