Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Harley Diver Dude
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, I installed a set of the V&H Monster rounds on my 2014 Street Glide Special. I love them, but the true Harley sound is not there. I am considering removing the baffles, but before I do, I wanted to ask if there is significant change in sound if I upgrade to the Power Duals?

Second, if I remove the baffles, is it recommended that I just remove the wrap around the baffles or the entire assembly?

I really appreciate the advice.

Frankie

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Did you replace the head pipes or is it still bone stock??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Last year, I installed a set of the V&H Monster rounds on my 2014 Street Glide Special. I love them, but the true Harley sound is not there. I am considering removing the baffles, but before I do, I wanted to ask if there is significant change in sound if I upgrade to the Power Duals?

Second, if I remove the baffles, is it recommended that I just remove the wrap around the baffles or the entire assembly?

I really appreciate the advice.

Frankie
Yea same thing here on my 05 Deuce I had Cycle Shack slip-ons very nice loud sound loved it, then on 10 Road King dealer said oh Pythons are just as loud and we have a deal on them, well they weren't like my Cycle Shacks, that was almost 6 years ago I learned to live with it a little bit more quiet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
De-cat the head pipes or put on aftermarket head pipes and you will get a better sound.
Don't try to remove the baffles you will just destroy them, the baffles are very hard to remove because the fiberglass packing melts onto the inside of the muffler then as you try to pull the baffle out the fiberglass just bunches up and locks the baffle inside the muffler, you then need to dig the fiberglass out and the only way to do that is to totally destroy the baffle. I know because I had to replace a baffle in my monster rounds because the baffle was rattling, it took me 3 hours to remove the baffle.

·
Harley Diver Dude
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
De-cat the head pipes or put on aftermarket head pipes and you will get a better sound.
Don't try to remove the baffles you will just destroy them, the baffles are very hard to remove because the fiberglass packing melts onto the inside of the muffler then as you try to pull the baffle out the fiberglass just bunches up and locks the baffle inside the muffler, you then need to dig the fiberglass out and the only way to do that is to totally destroy the baffle. I know because I had to replace a baffle in my monster rounds because the baffle was rattling, it took me 3 hours to remove the baffle.
Wow! That sounds like a lot of work. I'm pricing new pipes now, so I will hold off on removing the baffles.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Still stock. The only thing not stock are the slip ons.
De catting will only get you so far, change the head pipe out for a set of true duals, and she will wake right up.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Head Pipes changing would help a lot ...
Regarding bafflers in many cases should be easy to remove regarding changing the fiber wool inside. After few years the wool inside burns out completely so you would have some meatal sound insted of deep sound.

Remember what ewer you do you should do it easy not with some enormus force ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts