Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there is a possibility that i'll be getting a great deal on a set of v&h duals with thunderheader slipons.My question is my bike only has he stage1 with heavy breather.Am i going to have to reprogram once i install this setup.what would happen if i didnt do anything once the istallation is complete.I'm assuming others have installed a similar setup without any ther mods.thanks

Attachments

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey enrique,

It will be fairly easy to tell if you need to remap after riding for a while. If you notice your bike popping on decel "small backfires" and if it runs hotter than before. You can also remove your spark plugs and if they are white then that indicates a lean condition. No damage should occur short term until you determine if a remap is needed. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You did not mention what set you now have. It really depends on your current pipes. Most like you will need to in order to get the full benefit of your new set up. I only changed from V&H classic slip on's to the new SE 64895-07a's and it ran good but I had a big power loss until I reprogrammed my fuel manger. Got a power increase in low end and mid range, a loss at upper rpm's but I didn't need it. I stay close the speed limit anyway.
jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pipe i have now are the se performance #80491-07.Looks like i'm going to opt for a different set of slipons when i decide which ones.The thunderheaders i understand get ugly with the blueing.I dont want that.I was actually looking at maybe bassani megafone or v&h ovals.it will be slipons only with my stock headers.Rineharts are great but everyone has them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts