Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the V-pack bag made by T-Bag, I saw one in the J&P book, looks interesting, so I would like to hear of anyones experience with it.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
If you have reduced reach bars, there is a full turn clearance issue on a V-Rod. May not be a problem on an FLH.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Has anyone tried the V-pack bag made by T-Bag, I saw one in the J&P book, looks interesting, so I would like to hear of anyones experience with it.
Link?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I really like tank bags but I am painting my bike and worry about scratching. I also like bigger tank bags. NightMare has a more standard tank bag she is using. It looks good. I am going to fashion some mount for my old mag mount tank bag when I get done painting.

If you get one, let us known what you think. I would also like to find a good t bag.....wait, that didn't come out right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like tank bags but I am painting my bike and worry about scratching. I also like bigger tank bags. NightMare has a more standard tank bag she is using. It looks good. I am going to fashion some mount for my old mag mount tank bag when I get done painting.

If you get one, let us known what you think. I would also like to find a good t bag.....wait, that didn't come out right.
Hmmmm, again a vague reference to an alterior definition of T-bag. I'm just an old guy, so I'm not up on the parlance. The one person who responded that had one said it held even if wet, and didnt scratch. so for $80 I'll take a chance. I do need carry capacity, but I dont want to load the bike with clunky luggage.

·
"Davidson Rider"
13 Posts
I have this bag. Love it. No clearance issues on my 05 vrsca with drag bars. good day tripper bag. As long as you clean well before you put the bag on the air box you will be scratch free. with some skill you can get a light jacket and 4 bottles of water in it no problem.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I have this bag. Love it. No clearance issues on my 05 vrsca with drag bars. good day tripper bag. As long as you clean well before you put the bag on the air box you will be scratch free. with some skill you can get a light jacket and 4 bottles of water in it no problem.
So are the suction cups soft silicone or something? Do they make a higher capacity unit? I really like a tank bag and would love to find something that worked and carried enough to make it worth the effort.

·
"Davidson Rider"
13 Posts
So are the suction cups soft silicone or something? Do they make a higher capacity unit? I really like a tank bag and would love to find something that worked and carried enough to make it worth the effort.
The cups are silicone,like the ones that hold stuff on windows. I don't know if they have a larger one that goes on a tank or air box. They have several that fit on the sissy bar that are not obnoxious like a roll bag.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Thats cool. I got real used to saddle bags on my FXST and now I don't like riding with crap shoved down my jacket anymore. I am not ready to go to a set of bags on the VRSCR just yet though. I think a tank bag and maybe small sissybar bag would work out. The trick for me is to find a bag that will hold my laptop.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts