Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.I'm Rod & I live in Tasmania. That's the place that's under down under. In winter it's usually too cold to ride but come summer you have some of the best roads for bike riders in Australia. I'm far from new to Harley's. I had a Dyna wide glide and a 03 V-Rod. I did around 60,000kms on each. Loved the V-Rod. It was such a treat moving from the standard old Harley.
Now I find myself getting into them again with a new 2015 green V-Rod.
I have a few questions if someone can answer them for me.
1.With the 2013-2015 Nightrod, stock standard exhausts, has anyone used a hole saw to drill out the baffles? I will eventually put on some V&H slip ons, but the bike has left me a bit thin on finances, so I'm trying to get there on the cheap.
2. If I do this will I have to instal a race tuner?
3.The stage 1 kit. Is that easy to do yourself ?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Sorry you're way beyond my knowledge level but
Welcome from Kansas

I grew up doing all my work myself so I'd say go for it. You're going to V&H anyway so if you break it you can go to the V&H sooner.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Cat

There's a thread by Chief Illiniwek that shows how to get rid of the Catalytic Converter without buying head pipes.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,240 Posts
1130cc.com is your best bet for those answers.

There's a link to them at the bottom of this page titled "V-Rod Forums"

I'm not familiar with your model's stock exhaust, as mine is an '08, and haven't put in the stage 1 cams either. You'd probably be ok without the tuner, but I would, since the stock tune is very lean (at least it is in the USA).

Welcome and congrats on your new Nightrod.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts