Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the HD dealer today. I avoid sales people, so I didn't ask them while I was there.

On the floor was an all black V-rod, almost completely blacked out, with orange racing stripes and black wheels with orange stripes around them. Is this a special edition bike?

It almost reminded me of the Sturgis bike HD made years back.

It looked really nice.......;)

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
Don't ride it, you'll wind up taking it home.

..prolly too late. It has caught your eye now. It might become an obsession.

You can prolly guess how I know...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I was at the HD dealer today. I avoid sales people, so I didn't ask them while I was there.

On the floor was an all black V-rod, almost completely blacked out, with orange racing stripes and black wheels with orange stripes around them. Is this a special edition bike?

Hey I avoid sales people too! I'm partial to people who have souls.
That is the 2008 Night Rod Special. Completley opposite of what the name implies, It is not a limited run but it is special! I am the very proud owner of an 07 Night Rod Special (VRSCDX) The DX for short. It is an inch lower than the other VRODS as well as being blacked out as you mentioned. Sfarson is an owner of one as well.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/M...=specs&measureCheck=English&specTable=showall

Here is mine

DSCN0220.JPG

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THAT'S a good looking bike............ I love all the black.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
Dave, You've ridden all the bad-assed bikes, so you know it's true....

Some days you feel like TORQUE!
Some days you feel like HORSEPOWER!

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some days you feel like TORQUE!
Some days you feel like HORSEPOWER!
Absolutely.... It's probably why I avoid taking test rides....:D As much as I love my Dyna, it's a cruiser. It's only 80 CI, and lacks the raw power and unlimited handling of some other bikes. The two things that no matter how old I get, I just don't get tired of feeling when I roll on that throttle.......:ride

·
Registered
13 Posts

Yep! Test it! Just sit on it! That's what I did at Rapid City Convention Center when I went to Sturgis '06. Bought the first one to come into NE Louisiana. Saw those orange wheel trims and brought me back to the '80 Sturgis model I always wanted. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts