Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, a great site with lotsa good folks. I've been cruisin' that forum for a couple of months trying to figure the ins and outs of the V-Rod. Ive been thinkin' of making the Great Leap of Faith and switching over to a water-cooled HD (Night Rod Special), still not sure how well it will work for a passenger on the LONG rides. Would love to see HD address that issue, bet they would sell a ton of them. I'd have to sell my 03, can't affrord to own both. Damn, I gotta win that lottery. don

·
Registered
59 Posts
So is Kaz banned here to?:eek:

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, a great site with lotsa good folks. I've been cruisin' that forum for a couple of months trying to figure the ins and outs of the V-Rod. Ive been thinkin' of making the Great Leap of Faith and switching over to a water-cooled HD (Night Rod Special), still not sure how well it will work for a passenger on the LONG rides. Would love to see HD address that issue, bet they would sell a ton of them. I'd have to sell my 03, can't affrord to own both. Damn, I gotta win that lottery. don
Don,

Long rides for a passenger are probably not going to be fun on ANY of the cruiser type bikes... I'd put the VRSCDX on the same level as the Fat Boy (regarding passenger comfort possibilities...), so if your S/O can ride 600 miles on that, then maybe the DX is a possibility... otherwise, one of the Glides might be the way to go. :)

·
HDF Oil Guy
14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don,

Long rides for a passenger are probably not going to be fun on ANY of the cruiser type bikes... I'd put the VRSCDX on the same level as the Fat Boy (regarding passenger comfort possibilities...), so if your S/O can ride 600 miles on that, then maybe the DX is a possibility... otherwise, one of the Glides might be the way to go. :)
I have to respectfully disagree. The high placement of the passenger pegs on the new V-Rods make passenger knees ache from the hyperflexion.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree. The high placement of the passenger pegs on the new V-Rods make passenger knees ache from the hyperflexion.....
Wow... I hadn't thought of that. I was more thinking about the seat, and using a sundowner, but you're probably right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
re-location of the passenger pegs on i v-rod is a good idea for long rides but my wife still can do only about 300 a day on a rod

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts