Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bent valve and cracked valve guide. Well I got the valve but but supposedly the guide is opsolete or don't make them anymore. What would be a good aftermarket guide that I could use to come close to stock. It's for 05 Electra glide classic

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
for one thing,you don't want a standard guide,when you replace a guide,you must use a oversize guide (press out a standard guide & press in a standard guide and it will come loose cause theres no interfit) when the guide is replaced,your going to have to re-cut the seat.your not going to ba able to do this.have a qualified shop do it,im sure they`ll have the right guide (we keep from .001 to .010 guides for all HD heads in stock)you also want to look into what happen so it dosnt happen again (valves don't bend on their own)

·
Registered
811 Posts
True valves just don't bend because. There is a reason they bent. That needs to be addressed do don't happen again. Oil starvation? This will cause seizing in guide then bends due to trying to open then break guide. Over rev? Floating the valves. Piston to valve contact then. Valve to crank timing off? Again valve to piston contact.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yes.
The reason it happened is the root issue.
Guides are readily available for that, and we carry ton of them.
Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts