Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I recently noticed that I have a slow leak in my rear tire. Upon inspection the valve stem nut was really loose, I sprayed a bit of water on it and sure enough...air bubbles. So I tightened the nut... I don't know how tight to make it, so I tightened it snug, a bit of torque but not "hard tight".
Since then I have noticed the tire loosing very little pressure ( 5lbs in the past week. Can I try to tighten the valve stem more, or do I need to replace the valve stem?
If any one has any experience or just want to give their two cents I'd appreciate the Info -Thanks

*I did inspect the rest of the tire and it looks fine...the tire is only a few months old with only a few hundred miles on it.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I snugged mine up a bit, not real tight just a bit to compress the rubber in the stem.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do you have a tubeless tires? Or is there a tube if there is a tube then it doesn't matter how tight you tighten the nut it will still leak. There for you will need to replace the inner tube. Or patch the hole. If there is no tube than you will have to change the valve stem. Hope that helps .....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts