Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CVO Breakout and have been waiting since Feb. to get delivery of my Big Radius pipes which I ordered thru the Dealer when I got the bike. First it was March then May then last week and now what Vance @ Hines is saying is that they've had a problem with the chrome on the heat shields and had to send them all back to be re-chromed and I won't see the pipes for at least another 5 to six weeks. Each time either the dealer or I speaks with them its been something different. Needless to say its been frustrating. Has anyone else been experiencing this same issue?

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
I am still waiting on my bike. I thought about getting the VH, 2 to 2s. I guess I will make sure I don't have a similar delay.

Any other tips? My CVO should be here in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I heard there is a very limited exhaust option for the BO in general,not sure if that's part of the problem as it is a new model. I had purchased 2 sets of exhaust from VH, one was big radius and my current pipes are big shot staggered both in black. The big shots were delivered with a small blemish on the heat shield. VH immediately replaced the heat shield upon me returning the damaged one,no problem,questions. They seem to stand by their products and after talking with few other guys VH has good customer service and return policy. BTW, the big radius pipes sounded great really awesome sounding pipes, and i think they will look real good on the breakout. Might be worth the wait. Congrats on the bike, HD did a great job on that bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Twisted...

If you want the V&H BR 2-2, do like many others here have done and use part # 26059. That number is for the 2012-13 softails. I have them on my bike right now and the fit is perfect. There was absolutely no fitment issues. I installed the pipes myself and they fit better than the stock pipes did. I don't know exactly what V&H is talking about with any fitment issues. I certainly did not have any, and the bike runs/sounds a TON better with this exhaust.

Several others on this and other HD sites will say the same thing. I did not want to wait, and felt that V&H was giving me the run-around when I asked them about the fit and the delays for the 26065model that they say is needed for the '13 Breakout.

I'm very glad that I did not wait any longer...try the 26059...it will fit....

good luck,

JJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
Twisted...

If you want the V&H BR 2-2, do like many others here have done and use part # 26059. That number is for the 2012-13 softails. I have them on my bike right now and the fit is perfect. There was absolutely no fitment issues. I installed the pipes myself and they fit better than the stock pipes did. I don't know exactly what V&H is talking about with any fitment issues. I certainly did not have any, and the bike runs/sounds a TON better with this exhaust.

Several others on this and other HD sites will say the same thing. I did not want to wait, and felt that V&H was giving me the run-around when I asked them about the fit and the delays for the 26065model that they say is needed for the '13 Breakout.

I'm very glad that I did not wait any longer...try the 26059...it will fit....

good luck,

JJ
I used 26059....fits perfect!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nicky Pass,

Great shots...I knew you would likely be posting those again! Your clearances are exactly what I have as well. I just don't understand the issue at V&H. Very unusual that they could be selling items and they choose not to. If they had given some "real" explanation as to the issue, I may have waited for their 26065 units...but they really didn't/wouldn't answer my direct questions.

I'm still really glad I went ahead and got the 26059 set. In fact, I'm headed out for a nice morning ride right now...before it gets up to 110 degrees...

Take care,

JJ

·
Registered
393 Posts
Agreed can't see why there would be any fittment issues had them on my FB, it's still same frame and except for 96 vs 103 motor is the same. Glad it worked out for u guys it's a great exhaust system and looks real good on the BO. Not sure what's up with VH they always had verygood customer service enjoy those bikes

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
20 Posts
The pipes are the same....the only difference is the mounting bracket. From what I can tell, it pulls the pipes about .25-.5" closer to the frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nicky Pass....

It could be the bracket, but I still don't see where there is any interference. I just removed the factory frame bolts where the original bracket mounted, and installed the V&H bracket directly to the frame. The double male bolts that were there with the factory bracket seemed to push out the V&H mount about a 1/4". With those removed, it the pipes fit more flush to the frame and in my eye, aligned perfectly. If I have time, I'll take some photos later today. The alignment of my pipes is pretty much a clone to the photos you posted.

I am amazed that if the bracket was the issue, that they couldn't have fixed that in very quick time. None of it makes much sense to me....

I'm extremely happy with this setup. Everyone who has looked at my bike says the pipes are perfect for it. I agree, and haven't seen any other pipes that I would even consider...

Take care,

JJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
I heard the same thing. Came back from a road trip to Florida and was fully expecting my pipes to be in and installed on the bike, but was told that VH has told them that it wouldn't be until mid July that the 'official' breakout version of the pipes were going to be available. I'm going to try to stop at the dealer this afternoon and tell them to just order the softail version.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard the same thing. Came back from a road trip to Florida and was fully expecting my pipes to be in and installed on the bike, but was told that VH has told them that it wouldn't be until mid July that the 'official' breakout version of the pipes were going to be available. I'm going to try to stop at the dealer this afternoon and tell them to just order the softail version.
Part #26059.

My dealer has put them on 3 CVO Breakouts and 3 Standard Breakouts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Picked up my BO on Saturday, 13 July... order the V&H Big Radius.... they came in... Installed... had my BO back on Tuesday, 16 July... done....

Did you get yours yet?

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
Still waiting to see what Rinehart has coming out, there reps only said their BO pipes should be available in July. If they are the crossovers, we might have a serious contender. I do like the looks and sound of the VH 2/2 but I think if Rinehart disappoints I will go with the Bassani short Megaphone 2/1 for the power factor.

Got yours looking really nice Tgrisko.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was going to order mine....found most places are a 3 month wait, resorted to Ebay and found the Breakout version of the pipes in about 2 minutes and had them at my door in 3 days and have been on the bike the last 400 miles. No issues and they were the Breakout version of the pipes, not the Rocker or anything like that. Came in a factory sealed V&H box...look on the bay if you dont want to wait...but I did pay the full price of 699 with free shipping for the pipes...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Those V&H big rads r tops. Nice deep sound, not obnoxiously loud unless ur really getting at it, n with proper AC n tuning give ya a nice little bump in power. Wouldn't purchase ne thing else...just my $.02

·
Registered
33 Posts
VH Big Radius

I bout my Breakout (Big Blue Pearl) and had to wait until mid July for the pipes to come in. Dealer told me the day my pipes came in and were installed with no problem, two other pairs were attempted to be installed on two other Breakouts and the fitment was off so they could not complete the install. If I did not have my pipes I would probably go the with the other softail fitment.

As for the sound of the bike now that I have big radius, heavy breather and the screaming eagle EFI - it is an entirely different bike. I liked it before but now it is a beast! I love this bike - could not be happier with fit, finish and performance - only thing I will be changing is the handlebars - they are a bit too far forward for long rides, but that is just me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I couldnt agree more...pipes, breather and download really turns it up a notch and comes alive. Two weeks I get my dyno done. Cant wait for that.

Sent from my GALAXY S4

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting. I went with the pipes purely for the sound and looks. But now I am curious as to how the bike will perform after the install. I am still in the brake-in period so I will not be able to tell too much. I guess I will find out tomorrow. Cant wait!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Interesting. I went with the pipes purely for the sound and looks. But now I am curious as to how the bike will perform after the install. I am still in the brake-in period so I will not be able to tell too much. I guess I will find out tomorrow. Cant wait!
You will be able to 'feel' a bit more power with the initial download... that is what I have now.... runs a little rich, but that is good for the first 1000 miles anyway.... better than lean! Another 3 weeks and she will get the 1000 mile service and dyno in the same day. Only reason I have to wait is I will be on vacation... 1000 miles will be reached this Friday.... and only had it 9 days so far....lol!!!:biking:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts