Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just bought an 09 Fat Bob. The only thing that disapoints is that its too quiet. Looked at the Screaming Eagle Slip ons decided not after hearing them on a You Tube video...was considering the Vance & Hines Slip ons...just cant find a video to hear them on the bike....any suggetions or comments?:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just my two cents worth....a buddy of mine has Screamin' Eagles on his Glide....I have Vance & Hines on my Road King...personally, I prefer the Vance & Hines...deeper, throatier rumble...loud, but not obnoxious...

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Hey just bought an 09 Fat Bob. The only thing that disapoints is that its too quiet. Looked at the Screaming Eagle Slip ons decided not after hearing them on a You Tube video...was considering the Vance & Hines Slip ons...just cant find a video to hear them on the bike....any suggetions or comments?:
Yes....stop relying on computer videos for the sound you want for your bike.

You do realize that the sound of certain pipes all depends on the quality of the video camera they were taken with, the quality of your sound card and the quality of the speakers you're playing them through....???

Listening to pipes through a You-Tube video is like shopping for a wife using Google............

Go to a few bike events, and look at bikes, and listen for to the different exhaust sounds, vs what they are and what they're on. That's the only way you can make an INFORMED decision based on sound.

Helen Keller agrees and gives her approval for this post.. :thumb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats hysterical....but your right though...im commin out of a sportster with straight pipes...loud as hell. Im gonna miss that

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Thats hysterical....but your right though...im commin out of a sportster with straight pipes...loud as hell. Im gonna miss that

No substitute for straight pipes, but a Sporty also sounds different with straight pipes, then a twin-cam, or an Evo or a Shovel......

Trust me.

You gotta hear them in person.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes....stop relying on computer videos for the sound you want for your bike.

You do realize that the sound of certain pipes all depends on the quality of the video camera they were taken with, the quality of your sound card and the quality of the speakers you're playing them through....???

Listening to pipes through a You-Tube video is like shopping for a wife using Google............

Go to a few bike events, and look at bikes, and listen for to the different exhaust sounds, vs what they are and what they're on. That's the only way you can make an INFORMED decision based on sound.

Helen Keller agrees and gives her approval for this post.. :thumb
GREAT ADVICE:thumb:thumb:thumb
That is what I did to find just the right sound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I agree I allso hated the looks of the things,u know what else is tappered.I ran mine for a yr until I found what I wanted,I allso knocked a hole through the stock baffles to get a little more sound.I am currently running V&H Straight shot slipons with the standard baffles and am very happy with this setup.I got them for a smoking deal which makes it even better.:thumb

·
Registered
541 Posts
Most pipes sound exactly the same on YouTube... don't judge pipes off of somebody's digital camera MPEG video. Best bet: Harley events and some personality.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
No one should be allowed to come onto this forum and post a "which pipe is the best for my xxxxx" question in the first 100 posts. Guys, this has been covered ad nauseum in other posts. This is one of the reasons I left this site for so long.

Use the search function

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't waste money on pipes or mufflers for my 08 fxdl...just put the mufflers in the chopsaw..split the baffle..wrapped the glass..welded the baffle back in..sounds damn good :D

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I didn't waste money on pipes or mufflers for my 08 fxdl...just put the mufflers in the chopsaw..split the baffle..wrapped the glass..welded the baffle back in..sounds damn good :D
Most excellent. It is nice to see someone actually make something for their bike instead of looking for a bolt on answer. Not that you do, or should, give a shit but I like your style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts