Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello does anyone know about the fueling vented dipstick is it true the oil from the crank case gets into your pistons and gunks them up and the new vented oil dipstick helps that I have the m8 107 in my road glide and been seeing the dipstick all over Facebook and YouTube if is true I will get one let me know if anyone has this on there bike thank you

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
you will be fine without it. if the bike is not a late 2019 or newer there are a couple of updates that would benefit you.

·
Registered
41,432 Posts
If you do feel the requirement to vent the crank case, Trask has released a vented trans cover that vents the crankcase. Made of machined aluminum vs the plastic of the stock HD cover. I think a lot of this problem is from rings not being seated properly during break in cause people baby their bikes and are afraid to get on it during break in.

First thing to do, however, is to get the 2000 up oil pump if you haven't already done that.

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
I have a 2017 rg
yea, the new pump has fourty percent more volume on the scavange side and twenty percent on the pressure side. future sumping would not be and issue. also a primary case vent to avoid future transfer. on mine(also a 17) i replaced the made in mexico lifters and lifter cuffs while in there. it;s not a difficult job with adjustable push rods. the primary case vent is insanely easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, the new pump has fourty percent more volume on the scavange side and twenty percent on the pressure side. future sumping would not be and issue. also a primary case vent to avoid future transfer. on mine(also a 17) i replaced the made in mexico lifters and lifter cuffs while in there. it;s not a difficult job with adjustable push rods. the primary case vent is insanely easy.
Ok thanks for the information I will see if I can get that done soon thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts