Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK dudes, I am not saying this is the real thing, because it could be. If it is not the real McCoy, it is a damn good customize job. The narative behind the video sounds kind of hokey but the bike is damn sure for real. 125 HP, I could live with that as long as long as it doesn't have to turn 9 grand to get it. 0-60 in 3 seconds, not bad either. I am not crazy about all the "black out" paint on the bike but if they really are trying to sneak this one by, that would be the approach. I have been told by someone who works at the factory that there are 400 2011 bikes already produced. About fifty or so are being ridden around somewhere, he won't say. Probably in the sunbelt, I would guess.
Anyway look at this thing. Water jackets are definintely on the horizon for HD. You can only do so much to make a big, air cooled twin pass the EPA moguls. I think they have reached the limit.
YouTube - Top Secret 2011 HD Road Glide Video

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Don't know how "top secret" something on youtube is. Can't listen at work so I don't know what the narrative is but sure looks like someone just put a roadglide fairing and bags on a vrod.

·
Registered
190 Posts
that looks wierd not a road glidefan. and the sound of that thing idling sounds metric
like a vtx with artemarket pipes a gut at work has one sound like the road glige in the video not ready for a waterbuffalo harley. the v rod is fine. I still like the old harley look vtwin air cooled look if this is the wave of things to come well my 2009 electa glide will be the first and last new bike i will ever buy.

·
Retired citizen
21,786 Posts
I took another look . That bike has Kelsey Hayes brakes , Harley doesn't contract with Kelsey Hayes anymore ... Brembo across the board . The MoCo can't sell a bike with straight pipes ... EPA . Also Harley has a contract with Harmon Kardon for the radios and that V-Rod ain't got an HK in the fairing . In short it's a hoax .
Took another look , Sony radio and no radio controls in the switch housings .
That was my last look too !

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
there is another video from the same guy and says 2007 road rod night special one of a kind

·
Banned
18,203 Posts
theres some shop out west that builds fairings and bags for Vrods, there was a post on here a couple months ago about it with pics, that is all this is.
Obviously the OP of this thread is a moron

·
Retired citizen
21,786 Posts
In 96349s defense , he begins by saying this might not be the real thing , but could be . I've got info that HD will be across the board water cooled in the future . Just no solid projected date .

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
YEP not a Road glide but a Road Rod. You can get the kits from Cycle Visions
been debated here before. some likes some dislikes. the guy who makes em is a friend and I personally do not care for em. Good concept tho. make ur 150+ mph vrod into a luxury bagger.

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
In 96349s defense , he begins by saying this might not be the real thing , but could be . I've got info that HD will be across the board water cooled in the future . Just no solid projected date .
guess by the time i upgrade i will be buying used not new

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theres some shop out west that builds fairings and bags for Vrods, there was a post on here a couple months ago about it with pics, that is all this is.
Obviously the OP of this thread is a moron
Rockerbox: To call anyone a "moron" without having ever met them gives us some insight into your intellect. This is a forum to pass along ideas and information which can generally be shared by all. Go back and reread my original post. I posted the link only because I thought it was interesting and timely.
Bye the way, since you are so quick to call a total stranger a moron, may I ask what your advanced degree is in?

·
Banned
18,203 Posts
Rockerbox: To call anyone a "moron" without having ever met them gives us some insight into your intellect. This is a forum to pass along ideas and information which can generally be shared by all. Go back and reread my original post. I posted the link only because I thought it was interesting and timely.
Bye the way, since you are so quick to call a total stranger a moron, may I ask what your advanced degree is in?
ok, so maybe I shouldn't have implied that you are a moron, but look at the video....look at the bike itself. anyone can see that the bike in the video is a Vrod, no ifs ands or butts about it, it is pure and simple, it's a Vrod. looks nothing like any roadglide ever built other than the obviously bolted on shark fairing

·
Banned
5,305 Posts
My V-Rod and Road Glide are down in the bar makin babies at this very moment! What a racket they are making!

I plan to sell the babies for 20k each...hopefully there will be 7 or 8. I am taking names now for prospective new homes.

:laugh

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,205 Posts
Can I stud out my V-Rod to your Road Glide for pick of the litter?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts