Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Here comes Part Eight from the trip that my daughter and I made in August 2007.
In this episode we split up, as Marie had to be home at a specific time and therefore was booked on a ferry to Denmark.
She had only a short 250 mi ride home from there:ride
So after seeing her off at the ferry port in Harwich, I'm by myself for the remaining of the trip:ride

Part One can you find here:UK Trip Part One
Part Two can you find here:UK Trip Part Two
Part Three can you find here:UK Trip Part Three
Part Four can you find here:UK Trip Part Four
Part Five can you find here:UK Trip Part Five
Part Six can you find here:UK Trip Part Six
Part Seven can you find here:UK Trip Part Seven

Here's the video; UK Trip Part Eight

The format is .m4v

If you need QuickTime Player. It can be downloaded here; http://www.apple.com/se/quicktime/download/

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Great Video! Some beautiful country there. Around here some of the ferries have a special motorcycle lane to cut ahead of the cars. The cars on that ferry were very nice indeed and lets hope the eagle escaped!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Bernt, the opening music and font you chose this time were all so appropriate. Would you please speak to that music?

And, man, you were not kidding about narrow roads. No matter how many times I look at your videos I cannot get over that you all ride on the wrong side of the road. ;)

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I had to stop the film to check out the bypass for the stock guards (we call them cattle guards here).

I had never seen one like that. Once I realized that there was a gate on the bypass, they started to make sense.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Video! Some beautiful country there. Around here some of the ferries have a special motorcycle lane to cut ahead of the cars. The cars on that ferry were very nice indeed and lets hope the eagle escaped!
Over here too, most ferries let you ride up front so you can put the bike in an apropriate spot...
It was the Brittish Rolls Royce Club that hat a rally in Denmark. I met a couple on my way from the docks. They apparently missed the rally...
And Yes eagles should always be free to soar the sky!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bernt, the opening music and font you chose this time were all so appropriate. Would you please speak to that music?

And, man, you were not kidding about narrow roads. No matter how many times I look at your videos I cannot get over that you all ride on the wrong side of the road. ;)
Thanks,
The music is "The Eagle's Bed" by American natives...(hope that is the right term for the peoples that lived over there first...)
I do not quit follow you about the speak matter. You do not want to hear my poor english for sure...
Narrow roads are FUN! Riding to the left is only awkward the first day, then it's natural. At least for me that learned to drive like that. Got my drivers license 1963 and Sweden had left handed trafic till 1967!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to stop the film to check out the bypass for the stock guards (we call them cattle guards here).
I had never seen one like that. Once I realized that there was a gate on the bypass, they started to make sense.
In UK they call it Cattle Grid. They have a gate to lead the cattle (mostly sheep) at the side.
I've been riding small roads in the south of England where one have to open and close a gate to pass. Hopefully all that passes remember to close the gate... And I've been crossing creeks on fords that were so deep that the water were over my feet on the floorboards, and the foot passage was only large stones to balance on! (I'm not really sure it always been public roads though...)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was a special trip Bernt, with so much of it recorded and with your daughter. Memories for a lifetime. Have yet to take a bike on a ferry.
So you finally gave in and installed QT??? Or did you see it from somebody elses computer?

Anyway, it was a special trip. At least for Marie. Her first international trip as a passenger was to UK, twenty years ago.
Now this was her first international trip on her own bike! Thats why she had some "must do" to take care of.
Unfortunately we were short of time because she had work to take care of. Hence her leaving on the ferry.
The last two episodes will show my trip home. The English channel is crossed not by boat! You'll see soon!

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I do not quit follow you about the speak matter.
That is an idiom for "discuss" the music. She was just asking for more information about it.

In UK they call it Cattle Grid. They have a gate to lead the cattle (mostly sheep) at the side.
I've been riding small roads in the south of England where one have to open and close a gate to pass. Hopefully all that passes remember to close the gate... And I've been crossing creeks on fords that were so deep that the water were over my feet on the floorboards, and the foot passage was only large stones to balance on! (I'm not really sure it always been public roads though...)

After stopping (the film) to look at them, that's what I thought. The cattle guards here in Texas don't have them, but we do have a lot of space and don't move livestock around in the same manner.

In the Hill Country (and many other areas) of Texas, we also have the low water crossings on public roads that just don't warrant a bridge. Luckily I have never come up on one where I had to deal with only large stones for foot passage.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Thanks,
The music is "The Eagle's Bed" by American natives...(hope that is the right term for the peoples that lived over there first...)
I do not quit follow you about the speak matter. You do not want to hear my poor english for sure...
Narrow roads are FUN! Riding to the left is only awkward the first day, then it's natural. At least for me that learned to drive like that. Got my drivers license 1963 and Sweden had left handed trafic till 1967!
Thanks Bernt.

I simply meant to ask you to tell us about the music and the performers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts