Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is Part Six from the trip that my daughter and I made in August 2007.
In this episode we are riding in Scotland!

Part One can you find here:UK Trip Part One
Part Two can you find here:UK Trip Part Two
Part Three can you find here:UK Trip Part Three
Part Four can you find here:UK Trip Part Four
Part Five can you find here:UK Trip Part Five

Here's the video; UK Trip Part Six

The format is .m4v

If you need QuickTime Player. It can be downloaded here; http://www.apple.com/se/quicktime/download/

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
That looked like some good times! Very nice of you to give Mr bird some space. I am torn. Most people love the smaller roads as do I but some times I like to go a bit faster and even the highways look nice there. I dont know if the Scotts invented the Bagpipes (I think they did,to scare the enemy) but it is a haunting sound that gives comfort. Do you try the local foods or do you stick with "safe" food? I have the GPS on my bike too and couldnt even think of leaving for a long trip without it. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looked like some good times! Very nice of you to give Mr bird some space. I am torn. Most people love the smaller roads as do I but some times I like to go a bit faster and even the highways look nice there. I dont know if the Scotts invented the Bagpipes (I think they did,to scare the enemy) but it is a haunting sound that gives comfort. Do you try the local foods or do you stick with "safe" food? I have the GPS on my bike too and couldnt even think of leaving for a long trip without it. Thanks for posting!
During this strech we had quite a large # of animals on and just besides the road. The camcorder is unfortunally not ON most of the times something out of order happens! One can ride for miles and miles and nothing happens, just the road passing by. But the instant one turns the camcorder OFF, all sorts of exiting things occurs! Bad luck...
I usually try to taste some local food on my travels. But most of the times I'm on a tight budget, so not the 'fancy' stuff.
But I NEVER misses to try 'A local Bitter, Please' at the Pub in the evening!
The Britts have the greatest beers in the world, and I am very much in favor for the dark ones, the bitters. BTW the are NOT bitter, it's like fluid gold all the way from mouth to hart (or wherever it goes...)!

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Do you try the local foods or do you stick with "safe" food?
OK - That's It - Puttem up - puttem up :rofl::rofl::rofl:

PS: There is no difference between the Scots and the Irish. We are the same people and we are all related to each other, so watch it, pal :rofl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK - That's It - Puttem up - puttem up :rofl::rofl::rofl:

PS: There is no difference between the Scots and the Irish. We are the same people and we are all related to each other, so watch it, pal :rofl:
What about the English??? Another spieces?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The whole lot of you are not known for your food. Now beer is a different story. I would love to try some in the local pubs for sure! Like Bernt.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete, because of my bad english I do not understand the term mongrels.
But I take it that they are not as nice as Scots???

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Pete, because of my bad english I do not understand the term mongrels.
But I take it that they are not as nice as Scots???
'Mongrel' means cross-bred - a mixture of different peoples. Often used as an insult, though in fact mongrel dogs tend to be more intelligent than pure-bred.

I've lived most of my life in England, and even have a few friends there :D

It's just a joke. Much like the friendly references between Swedish and Finnish people. Not meant seriously.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, Thanks for the education! I guessed it was something like that.
But I never heard that term before, better not get used to call people that...

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, mongrel, got it!

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Again, my lack of language skills makes me curious. What's a cur???
A mongrel that has no owner - a street dog.

Also used to describe anyone who admits to no sense of right or wrong and behaves accordingly.

Often used to describe people who attack others from behind because they lack the courage to face up.

A cowardly, sneaky, nasty, small person.

The bad dogs in the Disney films :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amazing how one can get educated via internet;) Thanks Pete

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Just don't underestimate the bastards ;)

:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts