Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is part two from the trip that my daughter and I made in August 2007.

Part one can you find here: UK Trip Part one

Anyway, here's the video; UK Trip Part Two

Sorry about the long download time for watching. But I'm constantly trying to find a better solution for posting videos. (If you look closely, there is a Text "Tiny" indicating that there is a tiny version of the video...)
I'm working on my web page as well. But since I'm not skilled enough it takes some time to get it right, or at least not bad...

I think that you have to have QuickTime Player installed.
It can be downloaded here; http://www.apple.com/se/quicktime/download/

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
I'm constantly trying to find a better solution for posting videos.
What's your original film format ?

I'm guessing you use a MAC, and that's what forces you into QuickTime, which is a complete nightmare for Unix users like me :D

If your original film format is anything I can deal with - like .avi or many others - then I can convert to other formats and can give you free host space.

This is not a commercial offer, and there are no strings - I just think it's a good idea if we all have some way of sharing, and I have a bucket load of webspace.

You obviously will retain complete control over your own material.

Says he - for the lawyers - personally, I don't give a crap - I just ride :rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Yes, I agree. It tripped my machine off again. So now I'm scared to click it.
So who's a little whooooos then :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve,
We're far from Scotland yet! But UK have nice roads and people all over.

My 'cup of tea' is to avoid the main roads, and use the smaller ones! UK have a road marking system with figures.
One figur is the motorways M1 is usually crowded and gives the feeling of driving in LA...
Two figures are main roads and CAN be nice if you finds them on the right day.
Three figures are small country roads, like some of the roads in my videos.
But Four figures or even better 'Unmarked' roads are my favorites. Sometime two cars can not meet unless they use the 'passing points'!
You'll see some of them in later episodes.
I'll post part three now. There are some unmarked roads...

As for plans... No. But I'll sure going to ride, to someware, or to noware.
Just ride off and see where I'll ends up...:ride

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete Logan,
Thanks. But I'll try a new way first. I've been working on my own web page, and will post part three from that one. Let's see how it works.
Part two was DIVX when I uploaded it to the gallery. Don't know if apple converts it... Usually I use .mov since I use the Mac for editing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eze Rider, Sorry to hear that you got problems.
Dinero No Mas and other seems to be able to watch.
Have you tried to just click 'down load' and let it do so in the background?
I prefer that people do that, because they can watch the video in bigger format and enjoy it more. At least that's what I do!
The next episode will be linked to my own home page. Let's hope it works better.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I finally got the chance to view your video and enjoyed the trip! Portsmouth looks interesting. Thanks for continuing your videography!

PS
You folks driving on the wrong side of the road scare the heck out of me!;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You folks driving on the wrong side of the road scare the heck out of me!;)
The first day in UK can be a bit awkward but then you do not even think about it. You know the Brittish saying; Left is right and right is wrong!

Anyway, one thing I do like when driving 'lefthanded' is that one enters the bike from the curb side and the parked bike is leaning from the road!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
The first day in UK can be a bit awkward but then you do not even think about it. You know the Brittish saying; Left is right and right is wrong!

Anyway, one thing I do like when driving 'lefthanded' is that one enters the bike from the curb side and the parked bike is leaning from the road!
I'd be a big old chicken!
:rofl:

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I got it to work! Part two is a very nice movie. High production value. I like the way you stop and took a pic with the coffee truck guy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you made it. How did you managed to do it?
Even more glad that you found it worth the effort...
That kind of Hot Snacks Places are very common in the UK! Nice!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Well I think my circumstances are somewhat unique. I have an Iphone. When you get an Iphone you need to download a special version that includes quicktime. This version does not like your videos nearly as much as I do even when updated (I thought that would do the trick). So I downloaded a separate version of quicktime (most likely the same version everyone else is using and it now works.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats really odd,
I have some of my vids on my iPod Video and feels that the screen is too small to really enjoy it.
But I guess it's better than nothing!? Can you connect it to a TV set?
BTW, to move the vids to the iPod I use a program from Splash, ViddyUp. It's really easy to get them into correct format for the iPod. Don't know if it can be used for the iPhone...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts