Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a Vin err displayed on my speedo sometime while cranking coupled with a hard turn over. I've heard a lot of comments about it being either voltage or tuner related. I check ed the battery cables and starter cable but everything is quite snug. I mentioned it to the dealership and he wasted no time blaming my power vision.

this happens at any time; hot and cold starts both do it.

2014 Switchback, stage 1
aux lights (I turn them off when starting )
dynojet power vision
speedo is the bikes original.

not completely sure it's related but I often have DTCs of lost comm with speedo and mileage learned up.

p. s. I had the power vision off last month as a test and I'm still getting the Vin err displayed while starting.

·
Retired citizen
23,364 Posts
Check for stored codes, the procedure is a sticky in the electrical section.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power vision makes that a lot easier. I mentioned I often have two DTCs of interest.

·
Retired citizen
23,364 Posts
What are the DTC numbers ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know as I don't have the bike right now. like I said they are lost comm with speedo and mileage learned up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go the bike back and pulled the codes with the power vision. this time there was only one, U0156 : lost comm with speedo.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Check battery charge, and battery cables. Battery voltage dropping when cranking can set all sorts of codes.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I think my battery is shot. Finally got my meter back from a friend and while it is charged to 12.6 volts it dropped to 6 while cranking. I'll have to pull the power vision off before I take it in, they use tuners as their scapegoat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts