Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out information regarding a vintage vest that I discovered recently. My brother lived and worked in Milwaukee for many years, and after his recent passing, I found a vest in his closet, that I know hasn’t been worn in over 40 years. I’m trying to find out more about it, and if it is authentic or not. The manufacture is Challenger, and it states made in Korea. If anyone has any information regarding this vest, I would really appreciate your feedback. Pictures are attached. The patch on the back is sewn on, and the stitching is under the fleece lining.

Attachments

· Wayward Son
24,549 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

My guess, only a guess.
The vest is just a vest. Not an HD licensed product.
The patch was bought and added on post purchase. The fact the stitching being under the lining really means nothing other then the "Sewer" did the job right.
Have owned a few lined vests over the years. When patches were added, the seamstress did the same.
It's the right way to do it. Just more time consuming.

· Registered
6,122 Posts
No help with your question, but I have the identical eagle patch sewn on the back of my brown suede 50 yr. old Wheels of Man jacket.
Brown Outerwear Bat Accipitridae Sleeve
Brown Outerwear Bat Accipitridae Sleeve

· Registered
107 Posts
I am trying to find out information regarding a vintage vest that I discovered recently. My brother lived and worked in Milwaukee for many years, and after his recent passing, I found a vest in his closet, that I know hasn’t been worn in over 40 years. I’m trying to find out more about it, and if it is authentic or not. The manufacture is Challenger, and it states made in Korea. If anyone has any information regarding this vest, I would really appreciate your feedback. Pictures are attached. The patch on the back is sewn on, and the stitching is under the fleece lining.
It's 40 years old and made in Korea, I don't get it...or, w#f 😂

· Registered
2011 Harley-Davidson FLHX Street Glide (Ginger); 1992 FXSTC Softail (Stitch)
79 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts