Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved the look of the early ( mid 60s and before ) sporster with the larger rear wheel and spring solo seat. Are there parts available to create at least some of this look for my 2000 XL 883?
Any info. would be great!
thanks

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I have always loved the look of the early ( mid 60s and before ) sporster with the larger rear wheel and spring solo seat. Are there parts available to create at least some of this look for my 2000 XL 883?
Any info. would be great!
thanks

1960's sportys had a 16" wheel, just like now, and it was even narrower then now. It looked larger due to the drum brake and taller looking tire.

You can get seats and mounts in JPCycle, Ebay and almost anywhere that caters to bobbers.

Google "Solo seat" and you'll find lots. Mounts may not be a direct bolt-on, but most custome aren't built from catalogue bolt-on parts anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vintage look

Thanks for the info. I have only had my spory for a short time so I will probably be asking a lot of questions.
hatchie

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have only had my spory for a short time so I will probably be asking a lot of questions.
hatchie

That's cool, Hatchie. Alot of us cut our teeth on Sportys, and the way they've progressed over the last 10 years, they make a fine bike, out powering the larger bikes based on weight and maneurvabilty.

"Old School" has been thrown around pretty much lately, in that making a bike look that way is desirable. Some of the *real* old school tricks can be reproduced and personally, I have no issues with guys that mod and ride them.

Did I spell "maneuverability" right??:eek7 :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts