Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
To me the choice depends on how particular you are about your bike, I choose Matte black because I ride it. Matte is easy to care for, just wipe it down with the Harley Denim cleaner, Harley bug remover or windex. However, there is no "buffing" out a scratch or blemish. Matte will scratch pretty easily if you wear rings or watches and aren't mindful of them.

If I was concerned about my bike looking showroom clean all the time, I would get gloss. More maintenance but you gain the ability to buff out scratches.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I know some guys love it, but I think the denim paint looks like HD primed the bike and was too lazy to paint it! :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like the denim paint on the SG and FB,that SG looks wicked with that color. Up close the paint is deep and rich looking, and yea very easy to clean. Never thought I would like it either, but in person, very cool paint.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I myself am a rattle can man! I would have to go Matte! Its just sinister, but not to violent.
Ride Free, Ride Hard, Ride On!
LURCH

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Harley has some of the best factory paint work hands down.....I would go Vivid Black...that's just me...

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I can't really say why but I really like the Black Denim. I wish it had been available for my SuperGlide Custom.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the vivid black myself although the matte black is nice as well
It's like someone else said its how much work
You want to do keeping it looking good.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I think the denim looks blacker. Don't know how or why but to me it just does. Wish my vivid ultra was denim.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It is blacker. The reason is it reflects less light. When you look a a Vivid Black you aren't just getting the black paint but all of the light reflected off of it as well.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Both have pros and cons.

Denim Black
Pro - Even if it is dirty, it don't look dirty. It has the look of a little more attitude. It cleans easy with windex or HD Denim Cleaner.
Con - Scratches easily and the scratch will be to the metal in no time. If you get any wax on it (from waxing other parts of bike) you can ruin the paint. More and more people are getting Denim paint..........

Vivid Black
Pro - Scratches buff out easier. Has more of the show room look to it longer. You don't need a special cleaner.
Con - Cleaning takes longer. Every other bike on the road is vivid black.

My Blackline is denim black and I am thinking of having it painted this winter.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Any color can be the denim style. A matte clear is applied and booooom you got matte look.

The cleaning pro is true I can clean the SG in 10 minutes and my ultra takes 4 days. Rofl.

Whatever you chose will be badass.

Good luck. Can't wait to see the pick of the new addition to the family.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Love my denim. I just don't like cleaning a lot!!!
ImageUploadedByMO Free1371111223.139566.jpg

Ride to Live/Live to Ride

1 - 20 of 38 Posts