Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the gig I was working on that didn't pan out on the first try.

I originally saw this and made my attempt ass-backwards, so using slightly less thought, I was up till 1215am last night because I was pissed I failed at the first attempt, and then got back up at 0434am this morning and clocked back in...

Old, aluminum VW valve covers from type I-II-III (Bug, Ghia, Bus) engine. These were aftermarket. Note middle hole drilled for mounting bolt.

Stock Evo backing plate for CV varb, cut to minimum to mount into back ov valve cover securely, yet mount to carb, clearing all moving parts and fuel line.

Sand aluminum cover with 2000 grit wet paper using WD40 as cutting oil, then 3M red pads with WD40, then 000 steel wool with WD40, then Mother's Mag Polish, THEN, Semichrome polish.

Tape off....

Paint...

Mount...

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Each side "pouch" on either side of the carb will have a match-cut piece of foam for dirtbikes that'll be oiled. Same type filters our old bikes had, or 99% of most Japanese bikes, even to date on some models. Small wire retainers will be made to prevent them from going anywhere.

Not the hippest mod in the world, but simple, cheap and more for a bar-hopper or custom then a daily driver, unless you live in a warm, dry climate, like CA.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Looks good. Definatly a neat idea. Do you plan on filling the two outer holes with anything? Top it with an acorn nut or something? Ebert and the dead guy say Two thumbs up!!

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 torqx bolts that fit nicely and are chrome. (Rotor mounting bolts)

·
Registered
40,799 Posts
Now that is a neat idea.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's with the torqx bolts installed. The nice part is they're long enough, that with polylock nuts on them, the bolt shank sticks out and will actially help hold the foam filters in place. I'm making 2 drilled, (cough*speed holes*cough) aluminum backs to hold them in.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Here's with the torqx bolts installed. The nice part is they're long enough, that with polylock nuts on them, the bolt shank sticks out and will actially help hold the foam filters in place. I'm making 2 drilled, (cough*speed holes*cough) aluminum backs to hold them in.

Well, when do we get to see the finished product on ur bike?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts