Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I am new here, but I did a walk-around of my bike today after washing it. I got the bike yesterday and rode it home in the rain on roads covered in crap from construction...:blahblah: any ways here it is and does anyone know exactly what pipes these might be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McGvKAq3LXs :feedback:

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
Welcome. Great pics and vid. That bike is legit and sounds like a million dollars. Good for you.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look like the same pipes as mine V&H Tapered slash cut slip ons
From what I can tell I believe it is a complete kit. What is the easiest way to find out? I'm gonna get myself an owners manual and service manual for christmas.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Like ever else said. ...Vance and Hines slash cut slip ons. ..and those are factory head pipes. .. I had an 06 before I bought my limited. ..I loved that bike! You got a nice one there. ..welcome from eden nc

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
Like ever else said. ...Vance and Hines slash cut slip ons. ..and those are factory head pipes. .. I had an 06 before I bought my limited. ..I loved that bike! You got a nice one there. ..welcome from eden nc

Did the headpipes have cats in '06?

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I believe 07(don't quote me on that)was the first year for that
Wasn't '07 the first year of the 96ci as well?

If I'm wrong then oh well... I am a Harley noob...

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
07 was the first year of the 96...that's why I thought it was the first year of the cats with that style of pipe. ..but like I said I may be wrong about that. ..

·
Hard Member
3,254 Posts
Nah. 09, the cross under pipe was the first with in pipe cat. But I might be wrong could be from 12 up where it was changed

·
1,080 Posts

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice, looks well kept. I love the sound of the Vance & Hines. I have the older twin sash slip-ons on my 05 Ultra.
A fairly inexpensive mod is to add a fullsac tru dual conversion pipe.
FullSac Performance | True Dual Conversion Kits 85-08 FLH Touring I picked one up from a member on one of the Harley forums for $100.
then get this to cover it nicely
VtwinGoodies Heatshield Heat Sheild for FullSac TruDual Exhaust
I added a dyna jet power commander and never looked back.

I am still fairly new to v-twin engines, so if I may ask what would be the advantage compared to a 2 into 1 or the factory y pipe?

I do plan on doing the gear conversion for the cams when I can afford it.

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
The 2-into-1 will add more torque than the true duals. But on a mostly stock motor probably not enough to notice on the butt dyno. They also sound a bit different than the true duals.

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Nice bike and it sounds good congrats.
Let the mods begin.
At least you got the best color BLACK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts