Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the V&H Big Shot sound my Fat Boy had to come out of my stock 2010 FLHTCU?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It depends on how picky you are. You can swap out the head pipes or cut the cats out, but that alone is not going to do much for sound unless you also change the mufflers. Although, it may help you manage heat better.

I went from a Heritage to a FLHTC, and because of the way they are designed, you won't ever get the two to sound the same. At least not to your ears when riding. The Softail exhaust exits on the side of the bike and only one side, so it sounds VERY different to the rider than a touring bike with rear-exiting exhaust. On a Softail, you tend to "enjoy" the exhaust more yourself. But, on a bagger, those behind you get plenty while it can be fairly quiet to you. This is actually a good thing, as the exhaust can wear on you after several hours in the saddle.

All that said, there probably more options for bagger mufflers than any other H-D. You should be able to find something that tickles your fancy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with V&H touring duals head pipe and dual slash cut mufflers plus HD tuner and SE air filter, they sound awesome. Friends have gone with V&H 2 into 1s also sound really good. I like the duals better, deeper, more throaty. Can be on the loud side when accelerating, but tame at cruising speeds. Added about 8% to HP and torque. $2k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts