Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Maddog
394 Posts
My 1972 Kawasaki has stinger expansion chambers on it. You wanna talk about loud?
Holy sh!t it pours clouds of blue smoke out that smells oh soooo good. Love the smell
of caster in the morning.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hay guys...Just last night I took off the muffler on my tractor and after I had some beer I grabbed my sunglass and doo rag and proceeded to mow the lawn...Made lots of great memories..All the kids in the neighborhood came over for rides in the bucket. Lots of my brothers road past my house giving me the wave as I did them...Great time...

·
Registered
38,503 Posts
Really? What kind of a hole are you? Do you orgasm watching sons of anarchy? Did ya blow a load during that Texas bike gang shoot out? I run you animals off the road as many times as I can, I make it my job. Have some respect! Don't blow through neighborhood streets do a double vroom vroom at the intersection, I realize you need to keep your momentum, but if you're not flying you wont need it. You will fly when I fish line the neighborhood.
Is that a fact Mike Zyler in Renton Washington, email address [email protected] and using Comcast to make threats by digging up a 7 year old thread on a public forum?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had stock pipes on my 1200 custom. If I had louder pipes, the guy that hit me and totaled my bike and ruined my life might have heard me
when I passed him and he pulled into my lane. I now totally believe that loud pipes save lives. If people can hear you that might not kill you
or cripple you.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
You maay want loud pipes, but don't ever think having them will increase your safety. Almost all the sound is behind you and by the time a car in front hears you it's too late.

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
You maay want loud pipes, but don't ever think having them will increase your safety. Almost all the sound is behind you and by the time a car in front hears you it's too late.
Not all the sound, but the majority is.

I'm just here for the beer.

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
826 Posts
Before I traded in my Sportster, I had Screaming Eagles on it. Layed it down and they replaced the exhaust with Vance & Hinds. They were much louder than the Eagles. My Breakout came with the Vance and Hinds on it already.

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Not all the sound, but the majority is.

I'm just here for the beer.
:nod
Much depends on the speed you are traveling at.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I was passed last year by an Ultra out on I95. The Ultra had some pretty loud pipes, but I never heard him (I did see him coming though) until he was along side my drivers window.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a 48 panhead chopper with megaphones on it until I got tired of paying tickets. sounded awesome tho.
got some fishtails still real loud but better looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran loud pipes my whole life and love it!!because it pisses people off set off car alarms,Its great for passing by open windows,never a ticket its how you ride it.
And most importantly Loud Pipes save lifes!!
Havin em saved my ass numerous times. Its all a personal preferance do what you want who gives a fugk what anyone thinks your bike is about you not anyone else.
What about terrorising kids and animals? A-Ok?

·
old scoot coot
3,440 Posts
Well, since you asked, don't do it.
You admit to being new and seek advice, so don't take offense at being told the truth.

Loud pipes destroy your hearing with a quickness, piss off the cops, piss off your neighbors
and make people in traffic want to knock you off your bike.

...and it marks you as an obnoxious and immature noobie and a dumb-ass.
Especially since anybody who knows anything about motorcycles will know
that you deliberately suffered a loss of performance in order to be offensive.

It's an expensive mod, pipes that will hold up are very expensive and pointless.

Why don't you suppress this urge for awhile, see if you don't decide in time
that it wasn't really such a good idea after all.

A quieter bike performs better, and you get to ride it harder
because everybody in the county doesn't know when you open up the throttle.

And if you don't listen, I'll give you $25 for your Screaming Eagle mufflers.

BTW there's a good tutorial here about opening up the baffles on those pipes,
it'll get just a little louder and in a less obnoxious way, and save you a lot of money.
popicock, i run open cans and have never pissed off anyone. it does piss me off that you think i should be insulted by doing it in a way you don't approve of. if i wanted wimpy exhaust i would buy a goldwing. zeez man take a chill pill.

·
old scoot coot
3,440 Posts
Loud pipes do not save lives!!!

OK, to all you attention whores...
Quit using it as an excuse to draw attention to yourself, just like a 16 year old girl.(South Park f-word episode) And no one thinks you're bad ass or tough, just a another loser that needs attention.
I've been riding for over 20 years and have never had a problem that made me think, it could have been avoided if I had loud pipes.
In fact, the number one cause of motorcycle accidents is someone turning in front of you in an intersection traveling the opposite direction...how are your loud pipes going to avoid that situation?
I think loud exhaust sounds cool too, what guy doesn't, like at Nascar races. But, I chose not to have my enjoyment interfere with someone else's serenity and their enjoyment.
You also say, it's only for the minute that you're driving by. But, what you don't realize is that when it happens hundreds of times a day, it's no longer an isolated incident, it's constant noise.
This is one human to another, begging you, please have consideration for others and evolve from the loud chest thumping to a civilized society.
awe comon, open em up and live a little. it's not really a free country any more but it's closer than most places. people that bitch about other people are just afraid that someone else is having fun. have some yourself while you still can.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
My uncle always told me Don’t shi* in your own neighborhood.
Once you leave the area then you can crank it up.
The beautiful lady that lived next to me ran a daycare.
If I was working on my bike.
I’d text her to see if the kids we’re taking a nap or not.
She thought I was the best neighbor ever.
Now Fri & Sat everyone knew when I left. But Never showed my azz late at night . I made sure no one could hear me.
Good neighbors are hard to come by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 59 of 59 Posts