Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled on this site by looking for bagger parts and I need some help. I have over $5000 in parts locked up in a builders garage that I cant get access too. Luckily I have my bike and it isn't sitting with my parts in his garage so things could be worse. The builder undoubtedly ran into money trouble and filed bankruptcy and locked his doors. If any of you have been through this you know that im not in a good position. I have been waiting for over a year and have finally decided to write it off and maybe get surprised and get my parts back at some point. But that doesn't help me out now. I am converting my 2006 SG into a RG. I had all parts for the front end, 26" wheel and fender and new stretched bags and rear fender for the back along with stretched side panels and paid 50% upfront to this builder and now I have nothing to show for it. I am in need of new parts (used parts are fine also) and I have a budjet of $3000 since the majority of my money is tied up in the other parts that I don't have access to. I realize that the wheel conversion is going to have to wait but I would like to go ahead and do the fairing conversion and rear fender saddlebag conversion and was wondering if someone might be able to point me in a direction for some good used parts or relatively inexpensive new parts. I don't want junk but I cant afford top of the line now due to my situation. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Just Ride
3,506 Posts
Go to roadglide.org and look at their classified section

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EBay ,Craig's list
I'd be finding this guy and getting my Stuff
I know where the guy is but when its in the hands of a judge I am kind of limited in what I can do. Believe me in the beginning I was ready to rip someones head off but I cant afford to do that either. I don't want to affect my family in a negative way and doing what I wanted to do to him would get me into a little trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found some bags, rear fender and side covers. Now all I need is everything for the conversion for the front end.

·
Just Ride
3,506 Posts
Seen all you need on eBay.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
The brackets and such, along with the outer fairing, are usually cheaper to just buy new from a place like Kutterharleyonline.com or surdyke.com. The inner I would source from ebay or a forum.

·
Hard Member
3,250 Posts
You can also petition the court to release your parts. That is if you have receipts and paperwork related to those parts. Give it a try before purchsing other parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts