Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
luv the low country
19,986 Posts
First thing that came to my mind, Are you okay?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I hope you are not hurt .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also don't do anything like that if you have a gas water heater in the garage or even in the next room to it . !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im fine yes, had to run away from the fire because it was coming after me since I had gas on my hands on was holding on to the drain can.. Damn thing went up so strong and fast caught the walls and ceiling on fire. Thank god for the water hose in the garage

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Damn man ! I use tank top propane heaters in my shed, 15 plus years now and never had an incident. Of course my shed isn't insulated and is quite airy !
I've had plenty of fuel spills in those years too !
The liquid gas we use isn't very flammable, the vapors are. You must had a vapor buildup.
Glad you weren't hurt. Insurance can replace the stuff, minus deductible of course.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am glad you are alright. Sorry about the loss of the bike.
I guess you really do have a winter project now.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Check everything that's rubber and plastic and of course paint.
I do insurance repair estimates. Find a local Indy that's willing to write an estimate too. Don't take the insurance company's quote as word. Get a second opinion.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Holy shit bro!! Glad you are ok!!!

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Actually, if your garage is attached to your house your home owners insurance can be involved too. You have options !

·
Banned
71 Posts
I do insurance repair estimates. Find a local Indy that's willing to write an estimate too. Don't take the insurance company's quote as word. Get a second opinion.
I'm thinking a "Total"...You ?

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
I mean, if that's what he wants. Is it ???
Dude you're in Cleveland and it's winter now. You can fix it all up by spring. We're here to help !

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks for the info I've never dealt with this shit.does it matter if I get a second opinion before or after the insurance company

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 68 Posts