Harley Davidson Forums banner

Warning please read winter projects

7K views 67 replies 43 participants last post by  2ndAmend 
#1 ·
Don't make the same mistake I did last night removing the fuel tank with a kerosene heater in the corner of the garage Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#6 ·
Damn man ! I use tank top propane heaters in my shed, 15 plus years now and never had an incident. Of course my shed isn't insulated and is quite airy !
I've had plenty of fuel spills in those years too !
The liquid gas we use isn't very flammable, the vapors are. You must had a vapor buildup.
Glad you weren't hurt. Insurance can replace the stuff, minus deductible of course.

#31 ·
I mean, if that's what he wants. Is it ???
Dude you're in Cleveland and it's winter now. You can fix it all up by spring. We're here to help !

You are only 3 hours from me, if there is any way I can help, let me know. I don't know much, but with a service manual I'm sure we can knock it out.

#14 ·
Check everything that's rubber and plastic and of course paint.
I do insurance repair estimates. Find a local Indy that's willing to write an estimate too. Don't take the insurance company's quote as word. Get a second opinion.

#15 ·
Holy shit bro!! Glad you are ok!!!

#38 ·
+1

Many years ago a buddy was fixing a leaking fuel line and using one of those old work/droplights that has the cage that snaps around bulb....yep he dropped it alright right on ground and caught some spilled gas a blaze, he was lucky just burnt up plastic tarp.... but black stringy chit was all over the garage? :eek

#26 ·
Glad you and the house are ok.
Now you have an ALL Winter project.

Seriously, thank you for posting it the way you did. I tend to get lackadaisical about gasoline safety. This will make me think. :thumbsup

#29 ·
Thanks for the post!!! We use a propane heater to take the chill out…We have 5 late model Ultra's in the garage. This will make us re-think our operation.

Really glad you're OK :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.