Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CVO Road Glide with the speakers in the saddlebag lids. I'm a little nervous about washing the bike and getting water in the speakers. Yes, I read the manual, yes, I know they're marine speakers- but I'm kinda fussy about things and wondered if anyone covers the speakers somehow when they wash the bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a Street Glide. I know what you mean. I try not to spray a lot of water on them. The bigger issue I have seen is. Make sure you don't get water into the aux port then try and plug in a divice. It will not work. I had to use a air gun to get the water out of the port.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I have the speaker's as well. If I do wash the lids, it's by hand, no real running water. I pull my bags everytime I wash the bike, and usually use a quick spray detailer to clean them.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
So you guys never leave your bikes out in the rain? I mean, doesn't rain get in there when you ride or when it's parked? Wouldn't a ride after washing blow the speakers dry?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Never had a problem with the inside part of my faring. I have hosed down the speakers with no problem. My marine grade boat speakers in my boat can take all kinds of water with no problems. Make sure they are sealed well and there should be no issues.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
So you guys never leave your bikes out in the rain? I mean, doesn't rain get in there when you ride or when it's parked? Wouldn't a ride after washing blow the speakers dry?
I just don't tempt fate, hitting them with hose pressure is alot different than rain. :laugh

·
Registered
525 Posts
A heavy downpour at 70mph is quite a bit of pressure...just ask your face, LOL.....I think if I had those, I'd have some lid covers made up that I could put on if I was ever traveling and it was raining...or even to wash the bike. Marine or not, it's water and it's eventually going to take it's toll somewhere, if not the Poly cone, maybe down into the driver assembly... The stock fitted lid covers may even work if the grills aren't too aggressive..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts