Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 EGC, when I wash my bike I wash it the same way I wash my car with a pail of soapy water and a garden hose. My question is does water get inside the fairing and if it does are there drain holes for the water to run out of? The reason i'm asking is I noticed my gauges fogging up after I wash it and it's about to get real cold here in the U.P. of Michigan.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Washing your bike with a garden hose couldn't be any worse than riding in the rain. I'm sure these bikes are designed to take it. as far as your gauges fogging up, I don't know. they shouldn't. mine hasn't ever.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I have had gauges fog up... And it goes away!... Specially after a ride when the bulb evaporates the condensation... I wash my bike the same way... Your batwing is open at the bottom so there is no problem with water what so ever... You are good!!! Keep on keeping on

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Former Lurker
3,062 Posts
I have had gauges fog on all of my HDs'.
Afdter washing or just a wet day.
Goes away.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Go with the LED replacement for 194 bulbs fogging gone,But the speedo and tach are a little different I had to send mine in for the mod.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
105 Posts
here in canada fogs up as soon as i leave the garage this time of year, did this from new, its a 2013 roadglide ultra but the dyna and sportster did not fog ever

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I got the idea of using a leaf blower to dry my bike off this forum. Now I also use the leaf blower after I wash my Tahoe (which ain't very often cause I keep my bike spotless).

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes to the leaf blower, works great. Garden hose is OK, just don't use high pressure washers. The radio and speakers are supposed to be like marine radios so water is OK getting into fairing and leaf blower will get the water out of all those little places you just don't see.

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Guarddog, nothing against the leaf blower concept but may I suggest a more efficient, and in my opinion, more effective way of drying and getting rid of water, especially water that collects in the bolts, screws, and nooks and crannies of the engine. It’s the Metro Air Force Blaster Sidekick Car & Motorcycle Dryer. I’ve used both and highly recommend the Sidekick. Unlike a leaf blower that is bulky, made of plastic, has a two foot funnel and blows unfiltered air, the Sidekick is all steel, and has soft, neoprene nozzles to prevent scratching surfaces. The best part is that is puts out WARM filtered air at 18,000 ft. per minute which cuts down the drying time considerably. I own no stock in the company, nor do I sell them. I’m just a satisfied user who swears but the product. Well worth the $72.00 +/- depending where you find it. Amazon is where I got mine. Amazon.com: Metro Vacuum SK-1 Air Force Blaster Sidekick Compact & Portable Motorcycle Dryer: Home Improvement Try it, you can always return it… Good luck!

Attachments

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Leaf blower works great.. Use it to dry the cars and truck also..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts