Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just made it official... I am now officially both a Water Boy (Vrod) and Air Head (Electra Glide)... Just wish I had more garage space.......

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! If you need someplace to store the VROD, you can use our garage....I promise you won't need to bring a battery tender either :D

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
The best of both worlds. Congradulations...

·
Registered
67 Posts
You will love your options!

You will love your Options on the Diff bikes.
Be careful that you do not Blow up the Airhead Trying to ride it like a VROD! Then you will find yourself Lugging the Revo after riding the TC for a while.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I soon hope to be both aswell!!:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just Noticed

Hey, I just noticed SFARSON, you don't have your VROD anymore. Traded for the wide glide? Also, the Dual Sport is not in the SIG. Still have it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone...I really like the storage offers for the V..... Well my plans took a drastic turn on Saturday morning. I headed to Brians HD in Langhorne PA to pick up the 2001 Ultra. Along the way, I was thinking that the finance rate difference between new and used and cost of the extended warranty could have an impact on me siging the papers on the 2001. So after a very cold ride - 30 degrees out on the Vrod, I arrived at the dealership... Sitting on the showroom floor was the 2001 all ready for me....but sitting next to it was a 2007 Ultra Classic... Almost like someone at Brian's was reading my mind...... As it turns out, I was correct in my thinking...So I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Ultra Classic Electra Glide in Black Cherry and silver (not sure of the official color)...Brians HD is storing the V for the winter....I miss her already....I road the Ultra in the ABATE Toy Ride in Philly on Sunday - Kind of like ridinging an RV is the best comparison I can offer. Two different experiences, but equally enjoyable.......Except for the comments from my HOG Brothers and Sisters....."SO ya finally got an adult bike" and "From Rod to geezer in swift move of the pen" - Boy won't they be suprised when the V-Rod shows up at the first Spring ride.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks everyone...I really like the storage offers for the V..... Well my plans took a drastic turn on Saturday morning. I headed to Brians HD in Langhorne PA to pick up the 2001 Ultra. Along the way, I was thinking that the finance rate difference between new and used and cost of the extended warranty could have an impact on me siging the papers on the 2001. So after a very cold ride - 30 degrees out on the Vrod, I arrived at the dealership... Sitting on the showroom floor was the 2001 all ready for me....but sitting next to it was a 2007 Ultra Classic... Almost like someone at Brian's was reading my mind...... As it turns out, I was correct in my thinking...So I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Ultra Classic Electra Glide in Black Cherry and silver (not sure of the official color)...Brians HD is storing the V for the winter....I miss her already....I road the Ultra in the ABATE Toy Ride in Philly on Sunday - Kind of like ridinging an RV is the best comparison I can offer. Two different experiences, but equally enjoyable.......Except for the comments from my HOG Brothers and Sisters....."SO ya finally got an adult bike" and "From Rod to geezer in swift move of the pen" - Boy won't they be suprised when the V-Rod shows up at the first Spring ride.
Great Story!!!!! Glad to see you made it out with the bike of your choice!!!!:ride

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great stuff. I really want to add the Ultra to my garage aswell. I think she who must be obeyed will demand that the Buell must go first.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,750 Posts
I have both LowRider and V-Rod and I WOULD GO NUTS if I was without
either bike for a long period, like over the winter lay-up you describe.
I ride the LowRider more, prolly more than 2 days in 3,
but I have come to rely on the V to provide THE FLASHY part of my
Harley Davidson experience.
The LowRider provides THE HEART of the HD experience for me.

It is mighty handy having both bikes when time comes for mods.
It is hard on the budget, trying to be able to afford essential mods
on both bikes, but the advantange is when an install doesn't go real well,
having a bike out of service for an extra day or two doesn't mean
I'm w/o a bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
alot of the guys i work with have bought geezer glides and love them so good luck. You always have the rod to fall back on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts