Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 softail started spitting and sputtering yesterday. I thought it may water in the gas, but I had already ridden 40 miles. I added SEA FOAM and rode maybe a mile or so. If SEA FOAM can eliminate the problem, how long will it take. When I opened the throttle it acted like it wasn't getting any gas. Please advise.

·
Retired citizen
22,481 Posts
IMO it'll take more than a mile for the Sea Foam to have an affect. Maybe time to clean out the IAC pintle and port.

·
Old Skool
471 Posts
Make sure the Battery connections are clean & tight on both ends. Why do you think it's Water in the Gas, did you just put Gas in it? Is it showing any Codes?

·
Registered
21,254 Posts
My 07 softail started spitting and sputtering yesterday. I thought it may water in the gas, but I had already ridden 40 miles. I added SEA FOAM and rode maybe a mile or so. If SEA FOAM can eliminate the problem, how long will it take. When I opened the throttle it acted like it wasn't getting any gas. Please advise.
Instead of adding stuff to bad gas trying to make it good , drain the bad gas, and refill with fresh gas.

·
Wayward Son
23,126 Posts
Make sure the Battery connections are clean & tight on both ends. Why do you think it's Water in the Gas, did you just put Gas in it? Is it showing any Codes?
My first question too.

Instead of adding stuff to bad gas trying to make it good , drain the bad gas, and refill with fresh gas.
Ass-u-me-ing it is bad gas. :dunno

·
Wayward Son
23,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
In almost 50 years of riding and driving, I have never got any bad gas from a gas station...

Bad gas would be very low on my list of possible causes.

Remember when the lady at the gas station told Bronson, "Mister, I just put weed killer in your motorcycle by mistake"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts