Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk of riders waving to one another I saw a guy wave to a cop on a bike this morning wondered if any body does this?
I don't, just feels weird.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,327 Posts
cops are people too. Did he wave back?

That would be the difference between a nice guy and a stuck up jerk (the cop I mean)

·
Registered
864 Posts
I've done it and even got a wave back. I saw a sticker on a motorcycle cop's rear fender that said: "Be glad I'm in front of you". I laughed and gave him the peace sign as I passed him. Some of them have a sense of humor.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I wave at them....but don't always use all my fingers....just kidding..:spank:

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cops are people too. Did he wave back?

That would be the difference between a nice guy and a stuck up jerk (the cop I mean)
No... he did not wave back. He was on a beemer we were on our Harleys.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I would pull dumba$$'s riding in shorts, flip flops and such....anybody that dumb prolly doesn't have a M/C lic. anyway...
Damn your quick I practically didn't even post that yet!!!!

I couldn't pull over a guy in shorts and flip flops...it could be JP!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,349 Posts
I do, but I know most of the motor cops on the coast here, so it's just like they're off duty to me....and it never hurts to score a few points in advance in case needed later.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
In the 19 years I've had a drivers license I've maybe seen a dozen motorcycle cops. I guess with out short riding season it is a waste of budget.

If I saw one, and I was on my bike, I would wave.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
yeppers ive had them wave at me while at stop lights and i wave back and i givum a wave when they ride by me too. (this way they will remember me when i do that law breaking moment) ha ha ha at least im hoping

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not sure why one wouldnt wave at cop on a bike.......They are still on two wheels, same as you are.

Around here most cops on bikes will wave at you first for the very reason I just stated.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,774 Posts
I was on my way to work one morning up in Washington when a motorcycle turned onto the road I was on. I waved and the lights came on. I had not even recognized him as a cop, yet. Most of the rural roads I was on were 45 MPH, but this particular road had a section that dropped to 35 for no apparent reason. He got me for 17 over. :mad

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Out here in Bugtussle, there's a Barney Fife on a Kawasaki that sits in the median on a curve on US30 about twice a month. I wave at him all the time. He waves back or sometimes I get the "thumbs up" when he's zapping me with radar and I'm in clear.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Yea, I wave and get it returned most times. I know a few motor officers and they generally are pretty decent guys. Better than most other cops.
I've had a couple pull up next to me at a red light and ask about my car tire on the rear. Not about the legality of it but more like "How does it handle?" and stuff like that. Same questions as everyone else asks.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
Here in Dayton we have a fair amount of Cops on Harleys. Yes, I wave and they wave back. There is a bar that serves a great breakfast very early just 7 houses away from my house. The bike cops eat there and it just looks cool to see, on average, 8 to 10 police Harleys lined up in the morning.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I do. Usually get one back. We had one killed here a couple of years ago in a wreck. He was a very nice guy and most of them here are. I see the same one occasionally on the street and we always wave to each other. As was said, they're just people on bikes too.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts