Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a short teaser 60 mile ride yesterday and enjoyed every mile of it. When I made it back home had the urge to give the bike a bath. Now it's time for a bit of wax. I think I get better milage with a clean & waxed ride. :rollin:laugh

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
Get faster just by scrubbing off the 15 pounds of mashed cicada....

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
If you are feeling that energetic, I can ride on over and you can do mine too.

And yes, they sure do look sweet when they are all nice and clean. :thumb

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I'm possitive my bike gains atleast ! 10 hp's when I wax it !..:)

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Hang out in the pits at Laguna Seca and you'll see the crew cleaning and polishing the bikes before the next race to reduce wind resistance. Your bike on the other hand...
looks like it's doing 70 just parked there.

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
... Kinda like going swimming after I shave my back!

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
What kind of gauges are those? What shows in the lcd screen on the tach, just odometer and trip A & B? Are those 2 reset buttons? Lotta questions huh?

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of gauges are those? What shows in the lcd screen on the tach, just odometer and trip A & B? Are those 2 reset buttons? Lotta questions huh?
Those are Medallion Gauges by Medallion Instrumentation Systems The LCD screen shows Time, Trip A & B, Service Reminder Trip, Gear Position 1-6, Programmable Shift Telltale, Odometer, Low Fuel, Low Voltage, Cruise, Security, Check Engine, and ABS telltales.

Installed them about 2500 miles ago. What I like the most is you can switch any of the four gauges position at any time by unplugging, switch positions and re-plug. Same for the Tach and Speedometer. A little pricey but what else is new.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Joe; Thanks for the explanation and pictures. I mean thanks,, just when I thought there was nothing left to lust after. :fitz

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joe; Thanks for the explanation and pictures. I mean thanks,, just when I thought there was nothing left to lust after. :fitz
No problem!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts