Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and just posted this same thread in another forum incorrectly so am reposting here.

I just brought home a new-to-me 2001 Ultra Classic that has some after market Vance and Hines true duals with turn-down slip-ons and are they loud. How can I quiet this thing down a bit? Do these slip-ons come with baffles? Can baffles be added? Are there other Vance and Hines slip-ons that are quieter and if so what are they called? This is the only issue that I have to resolve with this otherwise outstanding bike. Any advise or ideas that can come my way from anyone more knowledgeable than I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Since no one has jumped in, I would call V&H. I'm willing to bet that you can get a longer baffle - if it already has short ones. Or, if it doesn't have them at all. Also you could just flat change the mufflers to something a bit quieter like Screamin eagles.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I don't know how the baffles are shaped, but if you wrap them in some insulation it will quieten them down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts