Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, a year ago on a snowy Saturday in December I cranked out a video containing my 2005 ride images and video. The location is here: http://www.farson.com/video/ibhat.wmv Some of you might have seen, with it done to Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" song. Still fun to watch.

The snow is a fallin' in December in Colorado again, in 2006, giving me cabin fever time to hunker down in front of the PC and put together another year of riding into a 4:50 recording. The video might not be everyone's cup of tea. The song won't be familiar, BUT, the lyrics are more reflective of who we are and what we do as motorcyclists. Also, this video celebrates all aspects of motorcycling. If this doesn't appeal, you can save your bandwidth. I ride dirt, sport, and of course, love to cruise on the Milwaukee product.

There is a section of the video with the lyrics noting "We Are Peculiar People" and "We Were Born to Fly". I didn't have enough content for those sections of the song so had ten contributors provide me with content. res2cue of this forum gave me permission to use an image. I am grateful for this.

2006... We Are Peculiar People Video: http://www.farson.com/video/peculiar.wmv

If hits are taking a toll on my server...

YouTube Lower Quality Version But Still OK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEsKKHA_Ug

Enjoy. May your riding in 2007 be blessed.

Steve

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Excellent as ususal Steve. Thanks.

FDS--Do you have the URL for the "Every Mile A Memory" that Uncle Bud did? I seem to have misplaced it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
GREAT video Steve, thanks for sharing that with the rest of us !!

Sure makes me want to get back on 'Sir Chrome' again !!!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great video fun to watch.

liked the vintage shots brought back memories of my dad during that era.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
41 Posts
and the sign said 23 cents for gas, no wonder the shot was in B&W,lol. Steve, took awhile to load but as usual it was worth the wait. thanks for posting it. Enjoyed the tunes also, not along the lines of Bob Seger, Kid Rock,Dylan,Ect. but fitting to the ride. Still found myself leaning in my chair(someday to put outside wheels back on, or not). Nice to see older shots along with the new. Eagle inlay was a nice touch too. Rumor has it you may have gotten some snow?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skunk... I remember cutting grass in Indiana in the late 60's to make summertime money and one place was a Mobil gas station where I made $2 to cut the small islands of grass :). Remember the price was 21.9 cents for gas! so maybe the images were of that era. Several at HDF gave me permission to use their images.

Sorry about the download time. Getting some hits on the server. And yes, ahem, a few "inches" of white stuff here. I mean "feet"!

Let's be sure to connect in '07.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts