Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just purchased a set of your 3-inch slip on mufflers. I love the way they look and sound and the slight uptick in throttle response. However, because I have a California bike they are not legal to put on. The only way I was able to tell this was because you chose to put that little tidbit of info at the next to last line of the intallation instructions. I already had them on and the bike running before I noticed it. Now I can't even exchange them. I suggest that you and vendors put this info on your web page so one can know in advance before a purchase is made. And believe me, I am not knocking your product, I think they are great quality mufflers. Help us out here in CA and design a CAT that can be added just like changing a baffle.

·
Site Sponsor
8 Posts
I just purchased a set of your 3-inch slip on mufflers. I love the way they look and sound and the slight uptick in throttle response. However, because I have a California bike they are not legal to put on. The only way I was able to tell this was because you chose to put that little tidbit of info at the next to last line of the intallation instructions. I already had them on and the bike running before I noticed it. Now I can't even exchange them. I suggest that you and vendors put this info on your web page so one can know in advance before a purchase is made. And believe me, I am not knocking your product, I think they are great quality mufflers. Help us out here in CA and design a CAT that can be added just like changing a baffle.
Hey Rick,

If you look on the website, we do have it stated that aftermarket exhaust systems are not legal in California, although the 3" slip-ons are legal to my knowledge since they do not interfere with the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unfortunately, the Cats on the Softail Deluxe are in the mufflers. I would love that you are right about it.
Looking at your page on the mufflers I spotted the Emissions link at the top. My apologies for not noticing.
I hope there aren't any emmisions issues with the PowrFlo Air Intake System and Fi2000 PowrPro Tuner as
I am considering adding them to my Deluxe also.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Welcome Cobra from Ohio. I installed Cobra pipes on my 03 Softy back in 04. The fit, chrome and durability has exceeded my torture testing. Thanks and keep up the good work supplying HD owners with a quality product.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. I have been putting Cobra bits on my bikes for years, from my earlier race bikes to the set of slip-ons I have on my fxdwg. Great stuff, glad to see you on this forum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just received my cobra 2000 fuel injector tuner so my 2010 e g classic started right up took it for a ride its working well smooth idle crisp throttle can hear the difference in the motor .feeling happy

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Welcome! Great products!!

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Thanks! I'll be here to answer any questions anyone might have!
Hello Cobra I have a 2013 limited flhtk and am installing the powerport dual head pipes and the tri-flo slip-on mufflers along with the powerflo air intake will the Fi2000 powerpro tuner be able to correct my air/fuel ratio or will I need some other tuning?:feedback:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am contemplating installing the Cobra Auto tuner 692-1608AT on my 2007 ultra classic. I currently have a SERT (early model) on my bike. Is there any special programming that needs to be accomplished prior to installing the Cobra auto tuner that has previously had a SERT installed?

By chance are there any discounts for forum members?

Thanks
Glenn Williams

1 - 19 of 19 Posts