Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"Shoot & Ride"
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup , Here I am :new y'all , V~TWIN , the putt putt , is the handle .
Finely got Myself A Harley" boy , :biker: .... Wanted one all my life" , and let me tell y'all I'm Old now , but hell that ain't stopping this ole fool :laugh , aww it ain't much , but at least I own it :read .

Use to have a 750 Honda back about 40 years ago and put about 50,000 on that thing , until I bout finely run the wheels off it , and just gave it to a friend of mine that wanted a motorcycle real bad , but didn't have any money . It still ran , but needed a lota work .... Don't know if the boy still has it or not , lost track of the rascal through the years , workin and raising kid's , don't Cha know .

My new to Me Harley is a 1998 model XLH 883 Sportster Huger , with 47,000 miles on her . Bought her for a pretty small chunk of change for an ole guy like myself , that didn't ride it much anymore . Arthritis and Rummertisim got the best of the ole boy , but I Ain't" there yet" , so I'm gonna ride the hell outa that little XLH .

Got some stuff ordered for it on line , that I'm goanna add to it , so I'm Excited in my New" , resent retirement from a job I never did like :what?

V~TWIN

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good for you, nice looking Sporty...Welcome from central Florida

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Sweet looking Sportster ! I like those cool turn signals . If you'd lower the clutch & brake levers about an inch & a half I believe it would be easier to work those controls and for a smoother ride remove the lowering kit on the rear shocks ......course it won't look as cool . Love them Sporty's !
Welcome from your neighbor in La.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

·
American
28,712 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
"Shoot & Ride"
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Thanks for the complement The Road . I guess your saying loosen the controls on the bars and just turn them downward by about an inch right ? ....

Also you say remove the lowering kit on the rear shocks for a smother ride . Are you saying remove those rear shocks ? I been feeling it bottom out a little on ruff roads or bumps , so I set those rear shocks Up by 2 notches . Haven't road it since I did that , but I was trying to get rid on that bottoming out .

I guess what I'm saying here is , what is the lowering kit your talking about ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts